1370 Red Gunlancer Extreme Swift Build

I want to share the build that I am dream of, the Red Gunlancer Extreme Swift Build.
Ever since I saw that one YT video showing a Korean version Gunlancer play it, I fell in love and really wanted to build one.
And today, I dare not say it’s even remotely close, but it’s probably the best I can do with what we have in our version.

This build with pet skill at swift, has a 87% crit rate, (641 crit 22.94%, Lone Knight 15%, Precise Dagger 20%, Adrenaline 15%, 2 Pieces Preordained 15%)
and a 5 Preordained Set will add another 10% making it 97% crit rate, if with pet skill at crit, then it will be 100%.

Swiftness at 1225 provide me with 21% Atk Spd, 21.04% Move Spd, and 26.30% CDR.

The link, video and picture below are Max Roll, the Video and the original build that inspire me to do one myself.

Thank you, hope this post give you guys different perspective about Gunlancer!

The following videos are showcasing this build doing Chaos Dungeon first 2 phases, also soloing the Armored Nacrasena

Chaos Dungeon

Armored Nacrasena Soloed

There’s a few thing I wanna point out for the Armored Nacrasena Soloed video.

1. I choose this Guardian because it has a lot of CC such as paralyze, knock away, pin down and some stagger, also has the blinding spit. Meaning that I will have to move a lot to make the fight smooth, which is what exactly I wanted to show.

2. There’s a period of time, a long period of time I cap my iLv at 1325 because I was selling mat to get enough gold to fund this build. So this is the only guardian I can fight for a very long time.
    And so naturally I know this boss a bit better.

3. I purposely ignore the tail mechanics because I am over-leveled, I want to fight this boss at it’s strongest form so I can get it to do as much mechanics as possible.

4. My skill set while fighting this boss is specifically modified, I swap out Upper Dash Fire for Shield Bash because Shield Bash has lower cool down, higher mobility and higher stagger damage, the higher mobility is especially important because I constantly dodge away from the guardian and I need a smooth way to get back to it. That also means that I do identity shield + Bash for the guardian charge counter. It is not obvious in this video for identity shield to be useful for counter because I’m constantly in its face. But it work really well if you are far away and wait for it to approach you, when it get close enough, identity shield can prevent knock up from boss, and you just have to time your Bash without worrying about being knock up by boss to perform a successful counter.

And with this video, it conclude everything I want to show about this build, if you have any question please don’t hesitate to post a reply or contact me via discord ItohSaegar#2826

Thank you very much again!

04/15/2022 Edit:

I finally remember to screenshot my Argo result, this is the 3rd time I did Argo, first two only able to made it to the board, this time I’m finally MVP with 20% damage.
Matchmaking team, 8 people, 2 support,
100%/8=12.5%/person.
if assumer support doing no damage, 100%/6=16.6%
I think doing 20% as MVP is a pass for damage dealt.

I am also working on soloing Night Fox YoHo, frankly, solo YoHo prove to be more difficult than be MVP in Argo… I haven’t be able to do it with less than 1 death so far.

And I will sure do Solo Velganos when I hit 1385. I have enough resources to be 1385, but I really want to solo Night Fox at the min. req. iLv.

Below is the up to date and probably the final form of this build for current version, 3/3/3/3/1.
Technically, the best is 3/3/3/3/2 with 9/9 stone, but it is extremely unlikely to get, and no one should ever attempt that without a relic ability stone…

The pictures below include the build, and how I construct the build:

The cost is roughly about 150K gold, with 92K on both Legendary Engraving and the rest in accessories.

I am going to continue working on this post all the way to the relic update in the future so myself can record down the important moment as this build growth.

My next bump should be Solo Night Fox YoHo, hopefully soon.

Thank you again!

05/01/2022 Edit:

I finally able to do a decent Night Fox Yoho solo run, I capped my iLv for so long so I can do this at the min iLv req. now I can move on to 1385 and do the Velganos.

There’s really nothing I want to point out for this video, just that I wish I could finished the fight before the 2nd Tornado. (Edit: Actually, at 7:30 if I would reduce 1 auto atk and maybe dont do identity shield, I cound have hit the Surge Cannon and finished the fight at that spot, if not, the next charge stinger should do it too)

Build is mostly the same with a bit more stats:
Crit 656: +23.47% Crit Rate
Swiftness 1303: +22.38% Atk Speed, +22.38% Move Speed and -27.98% Skill Cooldown.
Also, I just acquired my 5th piece of Preordained, so there’s a Midday buff I can get to finally have my crit rate at 97% for 15 second.

Enjoy!

05/09/2022 Edit:
I did it, Velganos solo…

Before I start, killing it is not hard, if I bring pot and use all 3 death I can eat Velganos for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but that wound be boring and not stylish.

But it is WAY harder than I expected to do it perfect, and unfortunately no, I did not do it perfect.

I checked out so much video and practice so many times, it is ultra difficult to get to the standard that I set for myself.

I want to counter every charge,
I want to use no pot,
I want to do it no death,
I want to do all the pizza.

Guess what, I coudn’t do it…
I counter 1 charge out of many,
I die 1 times,
and there’s some pizza that doesn’t leave me enough room for me to even consider running it because the map is horrible.

The problem with Velganos is that, it’s attack is super fast, the attack hit super hard, and the AOE is super messy and the fighting space is so small for all those.

This fight leave me, I was gonna say very little but instantly change my mind, NO room for mistake if I wanna do it my way.
If I wanna counter every charge, I need to risk his super fast attack, that one charge attack that’s not counter-able, I also risking it if I fail, it will wipe 90% of my health for the breath charge attack.

At min req. level, it really hit as hard as a truck. If I insist no pot + no death, I can’t really take too much random attack, not to mention if I decide to engage in a mechanics I better do it right, there’s isn’t really like ok maybe I messed up this one a bit is ok, no, it’s pretty white and black, you either do it right, or you die.

Also that, during the dark rain it will continue doing the next mechanics, but mostly I cannot see the next thing he about to do either due to camera angle or the rain chase me too far, it gets really bad during the time he is about to phase because I don’t want to miss the bomb, and in order for me to see what he gonna do next, I kinda have to stay close enough, but not too close that he do more mechanics in the rain that I cannot do anything because I’m still outside of the rain…
The only solution is to drag him out, now, mostly he will charge follow you, BUT I do have a few run that he didn’t and I had to go back and check if he is doing ok.

I can’t really put my finger on whether or not this is a bad design or a hard fight.
I can probably do it perfect if I practice for like another week, but I think 1 death no pot is very acceptable, it’s at the level I will not regret when I look back.

Now the setup,

I change the tripod on Dash Upper Fire from Ready Attack to Excellent Mobility so it reach further in hope to reduce the counter difficulty.

I also change the tripod on bash from Armor Destruction to Nimble Movement so I can sneak in both Bash and Surge Cannon.

The item I brought were 4 items:

Flare: To locate Guardian.

Whirlwind Grenade: To do the stagger check.

Pheromone Bomb: To keep the Guardian in place when it’s phasing.

Swiftness Robe: To boost the movement speed for the pizza mechanics.

And here is the 2 videos that I did,
the first one is the 1st kill with 3 death no pot.
the second one is the one with 1 death no pot.
the 1st one is more aggressive and 2nd one is more defensive.

1st:

2nd:

I realize I have not show my gem and card progress, it’s the following pictures:

This will conclude all the content I wanna show case before relic version.
Thank you and enjoy!

7 Likes

How does the build feel to play in your current state? Obviously we can’t hit KR numbers. Can you post a video of your own gameplay?

I have a blue GL alt I’m T3 and tbh it’s kinda boring so curious to give another build a try.

It is fast, fast enough to deplete my MP pool so I left with only auto attack… with that said I’m still missing Focus rune on Energy and Shout, also haven’t get use to manage MP.

It also feel very flexible, before the build complete I need to worry about not attacking too much in case I missed the Boss charge counter window, now it’s better since every skill execute so fast.

The run speed is very noticeable if you have any alt as comparison. It’s super easy to run out of any mechanics or run within mechanics maneuver around, the one mechanics come on top of my head is Night YoHo’s tornado.

The back step dodge will actually be more skilled base than ever because the high swift reduce the cast animation, meaning with low swift, your back step has longer super amour because the whole step taken longer to complete. High swift give you more step timing availability but reduce the duration of super amour so you need to time the hit more precise.

The identity shield is also very noticeable. With high swift, the time it take to pop your shield is faster and you will notice it, because you feel much more comfortable toggle it on and off without worrying about the animation lock.

Damage wise, I don’t have concrete number, but I have done a few guardian, Argo and Hard Abyssal.
Mid night YoHo with Sup average finish time is 6 min 30 sec.
Argo I made it to the MVP board (not MVP), also being as the last 2 player standing to finish the fight (decent survival capability).
But then again this is a 4 lv3 engraving build, most people hardly have 3, this comparation might not be very fair.

Truth to be told, if I make acquaintance with Blue Lancer first, I would never start playing Gunlancer to begin with. The red lancer play style is what draw me to it. And seeing the full Korean build is what seals the deal for me to main Gunlancer.
It is super cool to dance around the boss, fighting it face to face close quarter.

I can certainly provide the video, I can do the Scorpion guardian solo and a chaos dungeon so you can get a general feels of it. But it might take a while especially the guardian since it will take several time to make the fight fluent enough to publish.

well i’m glad ur having fun but i dont see a red lancer with full swiftness and those engravings being that good compared to the meta which is max crit and instead of precise dagger and adrenaline get grudge and master brawler since red lancer maximize their dps

Hows the damage? Gettin those mvp?

You can certainly swap out Adrenaline with Gruge or Master Brawler and you will still have 80%+ crit rate.
But Grudge is infinitely more expensive both in book and accessories.

You also mention meta,
well, if I care about meta I will probably not play Gunlancer, it is a class everybody want to play with but no one wanna play, a bit of exaggeration but it is close enough.

I am glad that the class I love to play is unpopular and the build I’m running is even more so. It make the build relatively cheap and I have no problem dealing my fair shares of damage which is a plus.

2 Likes

I will be doing 2 video, one doing Scorpion Guardian another one Chaos dungeon so you can see the number. Hopefully today. If not, tomorrow.

@Daebae @redsprite000 @lemmenskarine
Here’s the Chaos Dungeon run, it’s easier so I want to get it out of the way first.

It has a nice little Dash Upper Fire to back step moving combo, the toggle of identity shield, Surge Cannon spam and Charge Stinger crit damage.

Also the mobs and boss spawn are close, so you don’t need to see me moving too much.

BTW… Pls forgive the noise, I forgot to turn off the mic…

Armored Nacrasena Soloed

There’s a few thing I wanna point out for the Armored Nacrasena Soloed video.

1. I choose this Guardian because it has a lot of CC such as paralyze, knock away, pin down and some stagger, also has the MP draining spit. Meaning that I will have to move a lot to make the fight smooth, which is what exactly I wanted to show.

2. There’s a period of time, a long period of time I cap my iLv at 1325 because I was selling mat to get enough gold to fund this build. So this is the only guardian I can fight for a very long time. And so naturally I know this boss a bit better.

3. I purposely ignore the tail mechanics because I am over-leveled, I want to fight this boss at it’s strongest form so I can get it to do as much mechanics as possible.

4. My skill set while fighting this boss is specifically modified, I swap out Upper Dash Fire for Shield Bash because Shield Bash has lower cool down, higher mobility and higher stagger damage, the higher mobility is especially important because I constantly dodge away from the guardian and I need a smooth way to get back to it. That also means that I do identity shield + Bash for the guardian charge counter. It is not obvious in this video for identity shield to be useful for counter because I’m constantly in its face. But it work really well if you are far away and wait for it to approach you, when it get close enough, identity shield can prevent knock up from boss, and you just have to time your Bash without worrying about being knock up by boss to perform a successful counter.

At around 1:45, this is what I was talking about when I said back step need to be a bit more precise, it is a bad dodge regardless of build, but I believe with standard build, the step animation should end right after the guardian land, so the last bit of super armor can prevent me from being pin down.

At around 1:57, if I were to run a standard build, that will be a bad timing because the animation will take too long for me to move out the spit zone, even with super armor I will still get my MP drained.

I took some screen shot for the Charge Stinger and Surge Cannon damage but decide not to upload it because after re watching it multiple times, I think the number is quite easy to see. Also, Charage Stinger actually has 2 stage damage, usually a big one and mid size one.

Why don’t you use DUF ( Dash Upper Fire ) instead of Shield Bash for an extra long range counter?

1. My skill set while fighting this boss is specifically modified, I swap out Upper Dash Fire for Shield Bash because Shield Bash has lower cool down, higher mobility and higher stagger damage, the higher mobility is especially important because I constantly dodge away from the guardian and I need a smooth way to get back to it. That also means that I do identity shield + Bash for the guardian charge counter. It is not obvious in this video for identity shield to be useful for counter because I’m constantly in its face. But it work really well if you are far away and wait for it to approach you, when it get close enough, identity shield can prevent knock up from boss, and you just have to time your Bash without worrying about being knock up by boss to perform a successful counter.

I’ve seen somewhere for this boss when it goes blue, you can taunt it so it faces toward and your counter still works. ( I’m also running the same extreme swift build but using cursed doll instead of precise dagger as I have the 5 set effect from argos )

That’s nice, I was thinking swapping out Adrenaline with Brawl Master or Grudge, I will rebuild the whole thing after the relic tier comes out, can’t wait to actually doing the KR version one, it is soo cool and badass.
And yea, I know the taunt to DUF thing, it is another thing I love about the fight, you force the guardian to look at you and you pin it down like a real mfker LOL

This is the random team Argo MVP result:

I am also working on soloing Night Fox YoHo, frankly, solo YoHo prove to be more difficult than be MVP in Argo… I haven’t be able to do it with less than 1 death so far.

And I will sure do Solo Velganos when I hit 1385. I have enough resources to be 1385, but I really want to solo Night Fox at the min. req. iLv.

Below is the up to date and probably the final form of this build for current version, 3/3/3/3/1.

The pictures below include the build, and how I construct the build:

The cost is roughly about 150K gold, with 92K on both Legendary Engraving and the rest in accessories.

I am going to continue working on this post all the way to the relic update in the future so myself can record down the important moment as this build growth.

My next bump should be Solo Night Fox YoHo, hopefully soon.

Thank you again!

1 Like

Very good work actually. And i am very happy to see people enjoying to try things.

But i just want to add my personal point of view on the matter as a blue gunlancer fanatic with 1+3alts bluechads.

No offense, but in korea they got videos about all niche builds. I dont say red is niche it is still played by 1/3 for specific fights but those videos are a bit misguiding for real raid environments we will meet.

First, too much sacrifice of group dps for personal dps. A redchad doesnt use much shout and nellasia as a blue, you know, zerker playstyle and it offers less safe dps uptime to other party members.

Secondly, at this stage of the game argos mvp really doesnt matter because of our uptime. I was 2/2 cruel fighter mvp too at my first couple p1s as a bluechad.

So not a big deal because game is new here, and we are nonstop on the boss while people running like headless chickens. But when people learn mechanics more, when other dps classes improve their uptime too, we will fall behind dpswise. You can never reach a pure dps class at farm status.

Third, as a proof of weakness of redchad, the newest update will bring big buffs to redchad.

And the core point of the class missing. It is like dps bard/paladin. No reason to get a redchad over another melee dps in fact.

As i said no offence just my thoughts. If you spend 150k to any class’s any solo build, they solo yoho and velganos at min levels much much easier. But this doesnt make those builds good.

Finally it is too much investment, and at the end it is only a gimped berserker, nothing more.

Thank you for keep mention no offense lol
It’s a bit sad that when people trying to voice out their opinion but need to be that careful to offend ppl…
I agree with most of the point you made except the Shout and Nellasia energy part.
I acutally particularly paying attention to boss movement and time my shout and Nell’s just to protect my teammate, I like to get party defense instead of solo defense. This should be easier once we can get 2 legendary Focus + the nightmare set mention in the KR video.

For the solo things and Argo MVP because a while back when I first made post, someone was interested in how’s the DPS and am I getting those MVP, and since those can also be showcase material too, that’s why I decide to do it. I actually enjoy solo Guardian because it’s fun.

After I read the new KR rebalance stuff, I acutally feel the same as you. They give Zerker more synergy and buff the lancer DPS… That, depend on who end up having more DPS after the patch, pretty much means Zerker = Mini-Gunlancer or Gunlancer = Mini-Zerker, which is kinda sad…

1 Like

05/01/2022 Edit:

I finally able to do a decent Night Fox Yoho solo run, I capped my iLv for so long so I can do this at the min iLv req. now I can move on to 1385 and do the Velganos.

There’s really nothing I want to point out for this video, just that I wish I could finished the fight before the 2nd Tornado. (Edit: Actually, at 7:30 if I would reduce 1 auto atk and maybe dont do identity shield, I cound have hit the Surge Cannon and finished the fight at that spot, if not, the next charge stinger should do it too)

Also, I just acquired my 5th piece of Preordained, so there’s a Midday buff I can get to finally have my crit rate at 97% for 15 second.

Enjoy!

1 Like

great build, but should have used master brawler instead of precise dagger trash engraving. you are at the swiftness cap anyway, so all additional stats should go into crit. furthermore next itemset will bost crit even more and you already will face diminishing returns.

tl:dr ditch precise dagger for master brawler and enjoy godmode

Yea, I do agree master brawler will have much better damage output. I am definitely swapping Precise dagger for Master Brawler for sure on the Relic set.
I was afraid that I won’t have enough crit for the current version of the game, and it seems like I worry too much, ha.
When the relic set come out, I also adding Grudge, not gonna pass that on on a Gunlancer.

05/09/2022 Edit:
I did it, Velganos solo…

Before I start, killing it is not hard, if I bring pot and use all 3 death I can eat Velganos for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but that wound be boring and not stylish.

But it is WAY harder than I expected to do it perfect, and unfortunately no, I did not do it perfect.

I checked out so much video and practice so many times, it is ultra difficult to get to the standard that I set for myself.

I want to counter every charge,
I want to use no pot,
I want to do it no death,
I want to do all the pizza.

Guess what, I coudn’t do it…
I counter 1 charge out of many,
I die 1 times,
and there’s some pizza that doesn’t leave me enough room for me to even consider running it because the map is horrible.

The problem with Velganos is that, it’s attack is super fast, the attack hit super hard, and the AOE is super messy and the fighting space is so small for all those.

This fight leave me, I was gonna say very little but instantly change my mind, NO room for mistake if I wanna do it my way.
If I wanna counter every charge, I need to risk his super fast attack, that one charge attack that’s not counter-able, I also risking it if I fail, it will wipe 90% of my health for the breath charge attack.

At min req. level, it really hit as hard as a truck. If I insist no pot + no death, I can’t really take too much random attack, not to mention if I decide to engage in a mechanics I better do it right, there’s isn’t really like ok maybe I messed up this one a bit is ok, no, it’s pretty white and black, you either do it right, or you die.

Also that, during the dark rain it will continue doing the next mechanics, but mostly I cannot see the next thing he about to do either due to camera angle or the rain chase me too far, it gets really bad during the time he is about to phase because I don’t want to miss the bomb, and in order for me to see what he gonna do next, I kinda have to stay close enough, but not too close that he do more mechanics in the rain that I cannot do anything because I’m still outside of the rain…
The only solution is to drag him out, now, mostly he will charge follow you, BUT I do have a few run that he didn’t and I had to go back and check if he is doing ok.

I can’t really put my finger on whether or not this is a bad design or a hard fight.
I can probably do it perfect if I practice for like another week, but I think 1 death no pot is very acceptable, it’s at the level I will not regret when I look back.

Now the setup,

I change the tripod on Dash Upper Fire from Ready Attack to Excellent Mobility so it reach further in hope to reduce the counter difficulty.

I also change the tripod on bash from Armor Destruction to Nimble Movement so I can sneak in both Bash and Surge Cannon.

The item I brought were 4 items:

Flare: To locate Guardian.

Whirlwind Grenade: To do the stagger check.

Pheromone Bomb: To keep the Guardian in place when it’s phasing.

Swiftness Robe: To boost the movement speed for the pizza mechanics.

And here is the 2 videos that I did,
the first one is the 1st kill with 3 death no pot.
the second one is the one with 1 death no pot.
the 1st one is more aggressive and 2nd one is more defensive.

1st:

2nd:

Thank you and enjoy!