A Big Thank you to Director Kang Seong Hyung / Gold River

It is with a heavy heart to report that Director Keum Kang Seong Hyung is stepping down as director at LOACon which is coming in the near future.

He sends his many thanks to all the players, and wants us to know that his dream was realised when he made this game a wonderful thing that everyone could enjoy. He said that he wants you to all make good life choices, to dream and be healthy. Make plenty of good memories and your life will be great. Thank you for loving him and this game, and making this game a huge success. Even when he was depressed and crying, all the players were a light and saved him, its how he stood up and kept going. Thank you again for lots of love for him. He said he prays for all our lives and that we go on and on.

Our director has been struggling with health issues and the workload he was undergoing had put quite a lot of strain on him. New leadership will be announced at LOA-con soon. He trusts his team fully and he says there will be many more years ahead to enjoy Lost Ark.

For those of you who are following KLOA right now. The song (spoiler) published on the official Korean Lost Ark Channel has VERY deep meaning. It was produced by someone who has worked at smilegate for 9 years. Rumor has it that this is the director’s feelings and what he truly wants to say.

(ENG VER)

(KOREAN VER)

The meaning behind it is to make as many good memories as possible and not to squander your life.

This announcement Director Gold River made tonight is honestly extremely heartbreaking. I now understand why this game is so magical to many. He put all his love into it. It’s the Director’s legacy.

@Roxx @Shadow_Fox @Seawolf @Maselbart

please help send our love to the Director from all of us.

PS:
Director assures all his community and the players that the game will continue on with a very good team and leadership. This is not the end of Lost Ark. He believes 100% in his colleagues and continues to state that they all very skilled and dedicated to making Lost Ark the very best it can be.

Feel free to watch the podcast highlights here along with translations;

172 Likes

He will be missed.

20 Likes

14 Likes

best director a game could ever have

pikachu-sad

I wish him the best and hope very much that he recovers

22 Likes

I was shocked when he said that they had to have an ambulance on standby during the last loa-on event. And during the mini loa event, he had to go to the hospital. Truly the best director ever, he risked all of his health for the game’s well-being. /vow

12 Likes

Thanks for giving this game to us :face_holding_back_tears:

5 Likes

I’m among the few who have very small or close to no experience with him. I know he did one livestream for the NA/EU launch, but besides that all I know is that he is supposed to be the good guy in our story. So to someone like me why is this a big news? I know it’s health related, but most of the time if the director steps down it’s a bad sign. Educate me

5 Likes

if u saw him at the Stream he Body show u that the his health is not soo good i wish him the best from the world

4 Likes

He’s like the Korean Yoshi P, he is very in touch with the community.

3 Likes

I really hope he gets better soon, wish him the best! Thank you for giving us Lost Ark Gold River <3

4 Likes

I really wish him good health and plenty of gratitude for all his work. T^T

3 Likes

I hope he will be okey. Press F to pay respect.

6 Likes

stronge

2 Likes

I already proposed to @Roxx to suggest AGS/SG to create a cool and bad a** pet called GOLD RIVER so we can honor him in-game by having him with us all the time.

11 Likes

YES, we also need an NPC in the game to make him live on forever T^T <3

6 Likes

Black Day for Most Korea LA Players ._.

6 Likes

It’s not all doom and gloom. We have the director for the rest of this year, and I trust that he will pass on his torch to strong leadership who will carry on his legacy and continue to provide an amazing future. <3

3 Likes

His statue should be added to the game immediately

14 Likes

Please support this idea - NEW pet called GOLD RIVER:

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/roxx-can-we-have-a-new-pet-called-gold-river/371331

4 Likes

A STRONGHOLD STATUE OF THE DIRECTOR PLEASEE!!! T^T

May he live on forever in our hearts and houses!!

(I want an island, where you can visit the director and his NPC will give you an inspiring happy note + a little item like a potion or something)

It would seriously be a great thing to implement for his legacy.

9 Likes