A lot of outfits censored, changed, remodeled or replaced

Why would you love that someone is passionate about something and just want that skin to show on their own character?.
While you on the other hand don’t care and dont have to group with those people, nor zoom in on their characters.
Some fetish for making people angry with your bad takes or?

1 Like

This whole entire thread could’ve been avoided if Amazon just let us pick the options instead of replacing them… Like this game has endless drinking, smoking, violence, gore, and murder. But you spend time covering up women. What? Are the male characters gonna get tank tops/t shirts to wear with their swimsuits too so they’re not too revealing? Or is it only wrong when a female character shows skin? Leave things the way the already are FFS.

10 Likes

Why is this thread still getting bumped. Use the other thread with the detailed response from AGS.

This one should be dead by now.

1 Like

I don’t care that much about nudity or not since all I care is about having at least a cool looking armor and a satisfying combat.
The first Screenshot for example I prefer the Armor of the censored one while on the second one I think that the more nude armor looks nicer because I like the coloring sheme of said armor but honestly, since I don’t pay attention to this in game I think I would be ok with either version.

1 Like

Feel free to ignore this thread. :slight_smile:

Edit: some of you really love to flag posts you don’t like, but it seems like the thread is still here and you can still ignore it :smiley:

5 Likes

The problem I think with a lot of Anime is that characters often look underage.

That is not the case in Lost Ark.
The same way for example that in Tera the Elin are censored, I know some people are like just 110% completely against ALL censorship to the point they think that people spamming n-words in chat is acceptable too.
But I think that it’s totally understandable that Elin and people using slurs gets censored.
What is not understandable is that adults and simple words like ‘’ ass ‘’ gets censored…

Adult characters should not be covered up, they’re adults…
But when you’re sexualizing minors or characters that are VERY clearly intended to look like minors like the Elin then I think that changes things.
This also goes for violence too, you rarely see kids get harmed in games in graphic ways we generally tend to leave minors out of it.

If Lost Ark had a race and class like Elin then I would’ve reacted drastically different if they had only censored them and then left everything else intact and not forced things on me.

The problem I have here is that Amazon are forcing things on me with adult characters that isn’t the case in the original and also it just begs the question where and how we will get the original even if it’s in the game. They’re only making things more difficult and confusing and it could EASILY be solved by simply presenting us with choices.
What they’re doing is not presenting us with choices it’s making decisions for us some of which like the starting gear is permanent and then leaving us in the dark.

And as someone else mentioned, the new armor previews actually does a far worse job at communicating the variety of gear.
There’s even copy pasted gear, you have two different version of the starting gear in different colors + your starting gear.
That’s THREE times the SAME gear is thrown in your face during character creation.
The gear that these preview replaced looked way cooler and far more in line with the rest of the aesthetics too.
This is just us getting a worse version of the game, even if you like the new starting gear you shouldn’t be against options and also you have to admit that getting three of the same costume in different colors as armor preview + starting gear is completely baffling and lazy.

Even with what you’re saying tho it’s essentially ‘’ I don’t care ‘’.
No offense but at that point your opinion may as well not even count.

And even then I doubt you’d have a problem with choices.
Because then you could pick the ones you like it’s a win win.

1 Like

Talking about the reply from TrevorFTW in Communication is silent thread?
I can see the reply to question 2.
Quoto:

• Our answer to this question has not changed at any point in time. We are not removing any outfits, and only adding new ones. Racy outfits are no longer front and center in places like marketing or character creation. The game is still as violent and sexy as it ever was.

Now scroll up to post 475 and see the avatars in the pitcture and check the highlighted text under the pitcture.
when the outfit is built and ready in-game.
The outfit was ready in 2018, doesn’t this mean that they’ll change it?
I can slightly understand hiding the outfit in the picture, but not if they actually change KR/RU version of the outfit “Ingame”.

3 Likes

Even when I don’t care about it doesn’t make my opinion invalid or unimportant. In fact, it counts as much as counts yours. So when I say I don’t care about it means that I’m not declining nor supporting it, but that I am fine with it. This means I’m not totally against it.
So in fact, my opinion counts as well!
[Edit]: Ahhh I see, you are just being mad at me that I don’t agree to your opinion. Got it.

1 Like

Man… they really are killing the art :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

Yup… it’s all canned responses as far as I’m concerned. While it is nice to see both @Roxx and @TrevzorFTW resond, it all boils down to the same copy/paste message we have seen used by Amazon multiple times in relation to the outfits. They never expand on or go into detail with what changes have been made or how the whole “outfits are no longer front and center” works (beyond them cutting down five unique outfits to preview during character creation to three unique outfits plus two reskins/recolors of the starting armor). If either of them took a few minutes out of their day to go a bit more into detail, a lot of the 500+ comments in this thread would not be needed.

Did… Did you just draw comparison to having preview images changed in a video game to the HOLOCAUST?

Are you serious?

2 Likes

Wow okay I just checked this out.
This is very worrying, and if what I read in some other post about AGS finishing up the game and release might come sooner,
then the founders pack buyers need to make a decision and fast.
Wasn’t expecting such changes to be made and time wasted on them (we could have had the release much sooner w/o this),
so this is giving me bad publisher vibes.
At this rate I might have to wait and see if Smilegate would directly launch global release instead of trusting other publishers.

5 Likes

What the actual hell did I just read.

1 Like

lol I have no comment, no feedback, just lolz

It’s “first they came for the communists” actually.

I honestly dont mind them changing preview costumes as long as originals will be still in the game and uncensored, not just costumes, bosses too.

But at the same time I cant help to think why amazon feels need to change all those things, when there is nothing wrong with original. Did they forget game is already rated 18+ or what.

Every other region got 1:1 replica of the game yet amazon decided its not right for ??? reason. This pointless changes just make release in NA/EU take longer.

Dont change things that are not broken. All this pointless changes makes people worry for no good reason.

I will give them benefit of the doubt, and believe their words about not censoring anything in game, but its kinda hard… especially when in the past lot of publishers said one thing and didnt keep their promises.

5 Likes

Do you mind though that we have essentially lost out on previewing armor sets during character creation? The KR/RU version of Lost Ark has five unique armor sets for you to look at and see what you can get if you play a particular class. The NA version of Lost Ark has three unique armor sets plus two reskins/recolors of that classes starting armor. You are not getting more diversity here… you are getting less because Amazon wanted to hide away two outfits that they deemed to be too “racy” per the response from Trevzor.

1 Like

Sure it sucks but I personally dont think its as huge of a issue as people make it out to be. There are tons of sites and videos where u can preview costumes/armor.

At the end it just boils down to what I stated before. “I dont mind it as long as everything will stay in the game uncensored clothes,bosses,gore etc…” but at the same time its like “Why do those pointless things amazon in 18+ game ?, all u get is people blaming you, its like those people deciding on those things dont get their audience”

1 Like

You’re right… it’s not a major issue. But it’s still a slippery slope and one I wish Amazon would just avoid by leaving the game alone and focusing only on localization/translation.

6 Likes