An in-depth Arcana/Arcanist guide

Hi, thank you for your reading!
If you go only 4x3 I would suggest you to drop Adrenaline since for the relic set it’s only at 2, but be sure to have a necklace that you give you nice crit, like try to have a necklace at least at over 80. Since you’ll run with Hit Master you’ll search for more flat damage than trying to crit (which you do with KBW).

Appreciate you.

1 Like

Which argos set she uses?

Since you don’t have much crit as in to be your sub-stats, you need to take the Solar Set.

Hello!
First of all ty for the info on arcana all in one place.
But i saw few comments that u give about how some combos could be played out.
Could you give us rundown of usual rotation and how it looks like. I do understand that RNG plays BIG part in it but still just so we can get idea how it works. And if u have any additional tips like one u gave about using Awakening then use red skill to get shield so awakening dmg benefits from barricade. That thing is gold. Info itself can be found easy.
Will try the class out i love Invoker in Dota so i presume i will like arcana as well, will try it for my main or at least first alt.
Edit:
Sould arcana use conviction/judgment runes or would that be too much to keep track of? or any other reason for not using it maybe the set bonus so it will fill your mana too fast ?

Hello!
First of all you are welcome! :slight_smile:

Well the only thing I can tell you it’s to watch a gameplay video of Valtan for exemple (since you might know the fight) to see how the rotation look like, as you stated, your Tarot Card will play a big role on how the fight will look like, but in the end the rotation is stacking up the Doom Cards with the blue skills (like scratch dealer) and then when you stacked up 4 Doom Cards you’ll use your Return before using red skills (Celestial Rain for example) to make tons of damage with it.
The usual rotation would be :

Stack up 4 Doom Cards > Return > First Ruin Skill > Stack 4 Doom Cards > Second Ruin Skill.

Scratch Dealer + Quadra > Return > Celestial Rain > Double Spiral Edge > Secret Garden. (This is just an exemple of rotation, it can change depending of the fight, situations, and cards you can get), (Don’t forget to add Call of Fate in your rotation).

You have to know that for exemple (these numbers are wrong, it’s just to give a idea) if you use Celestial Rain with 1 Doom Card you’ll hit at 40k (no crit) and if you use it with 4 Doom Cards you’ll hit at 100k.

There is two different type of damage when you use a red sklll with cards, for exemple if you use Celestial Rain with no cards stacked on the enemy you’ll have only one basic damage, though if you use it with cards you’ll have the basic damage + the stack damage it would be like this :
Enemy with 0 Doom Card = 100,000.
Enemy with 4 Doom Card = 100,000 + 1,000,000.
So that’s why it’s important to use red skills when you can maximise the damage from it.

As for the yellow skills, you use them in between of all or after doing the combo.

For the combo of Tarot Card + skills, there is so many possibilities that it’s impossible to tell you everything, but to give an idea, you would prefer to use Culling when you know you’ll hit with a red skills with 4 Doom Cards to be sure to crit and add more power.
Or you can also use Culling + Judgement with a red skill to have same power as mentioned before but without bothering stacking up before.

And no, you don’t want to run Conviction/Judgement because if you go Empress, you’ll regen your mana plenty enough to be oom.

Hi! I would just want to ask if 4x3 and 1 will be achievable at legendary accessory? If so what should I take ? And is it okay to go 4x3 with level 3 empress?

Ty for the answer. Will check out some vids. Is it the CD u get from conviction judgment not good?

For Empress I suggest you to stop at level 1, going further is viable if you want a cheap engraving build, but it would be better at level 1 and the other at 3.
For the Legendary accessory, if you don’t have engraving books at x12, the best build you can get is 33321 with Empress at 1.
Though if you have two engraving books at x12 you can get 33331.

Thanks for this reply! Since Im trying to figure out how I would do the engravings, would it be okay to go grudge 3 barricade 3 hitmaster 3 adrenale 2 empress 1?

You don’t need the reduction of CD from it because your skills CD are already very low.
Both of the effect you can get it from it are kinda useless of Arcana. :slight_smile:

Yeah arcanas tend to just run 8 cd gems with 3 damage gems to make up for the lack of swift

2 Likes

Nice guide man, hat down.

1 Like

Hi, thank you so much for this well detailed guide. I plan to main arcana on NA release. However I was curious if it’d still be worth using barricade if I only currently have two protection runes and not three. I’m hoping in time to have the third.

Hey, thank you!
If you don’t have the epic and/or the legendary protection rune, you can still use blue ones, the amount of shield is not important since we jsut getting the damage from it.
But yes it is possible to play barricade with only 2 protections runes only and then get your third one over time.
Though, if you don’t want to play before you get the three of them, you can always use Conviction and Judgment and drop Barricade then if you do that you can go with Grudge 3/Hit Master and/or Adrenaline 3/Empress 1~3.
Though, you would want to get rid of the Jud/Conv when you’ll have the Nightmare set.

First off, thank you very much for the guide!
A quick question, do we still want crit as the substat on our necklace instead of swift or something even if we’re going hit master and no KBW?

Hello, you are very welcome!
Yes, you’ll want swift only if you go emperor, otherwise you’ll take crit for empress.
The adre will give you tons of crit so you shouldn’t worry about it.

1 Like

Hello, i have a question about Emperor Relic set buid.
I saw some arcanist play with Domination Fangs set (not NightMare set).
How about mana issue with this set ?

Hello,

quick question regarding new build engravings for playing arcana as an 1370-1400 budget alt with 2x9 engraving books, making 3x3+1.

the prio for engravings will be then:

Empress Grace lvl 1
Grudge lvl 3
Cursed Doll lvl 3
Barricade lvl 3 ?

Or do i get hit master lvl 3 instead of cursed doll or barricade?

Thanks!

Very well done!

1 Like