Anyone else having issues connecting from Korea?

Trying to connect from South Korea but the game won’t let me … my dailies …

9 Likes

Yes, got this message just now. What’s happening???

3 Likes

why you only get it now? game is region locked for over 2 months now and everyone not playing from NA/EU/OCE gdts blocked out

4 Likes

“You shouid’ve been banned earlier,” he says.

4 Likes

Hmm, this oddly peculiar timing.
thinking-batman

2 Likes

said who? the guy who was affected by this 2 month ago already?
i found a way around the block at that time but could block me at any time again.

check my post history… i am playing from china.
first ip block china
then region lock everyone
then vpn bann
then steam ip block china etc.

they are trying to shut out bots but all they sut out are players

6 Likes

I agree with you. They are hurting real players, period. I’m tired of the disconnects and login errors. But for now, it seems like they still don’t give a flying fuck.

3 Likes

maybe same reason 350k bots are suddenly missing

6 Likes

Why are you not playing in the South Korea servers? I smell fish

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat. American living/working in Korea. Never had any issues until today and just got the same message as you. I’ve spent quite a good deal on this game via multiple Founder’s Packs and Royal Crystal purchases. Totally speechless right now. Amazon once again screwing over loyal, well paying customers while hardly doing anything effective to combat bots.

7 Likes

You’d think seeing as the game is originally from KR they’d like let you connect from KR, but apparently not… lol

1 Like

Same, been playing since launch and am visiting family in Korea for 2 months. I was doing just fine yesterday but suddenly can’t log in today. Sucks.

2 Likes

I’m about to actually going to start up a char on Kadan, but if anything, forced to play KR servers now :shrug:

it’s called expats. speak/read a little Korean but not enough to play the Korean version comfortably.

3 Likes

Charts just updated. From 816,500 to 443,434 so far.

Edit: Quick number breakdown. Seems this started around today at 13:00. The first hourly updates show about 70k-90k loss each hour (when the charts update). The last two hours the intervals have fallen to about 40k each. Slowing down a bit but still has some steam it seems.
Aight next hourly update: From 19:01 to 20:00 we only lost 9k this time. The wave is starting to run dry.
Last update 20:00
Been updating the thread with the current wave on occasion. And I’m not saying you’re a bot, just saying you were probably affected by whatever change took place.

Yeah i thought so as well, and seeing how they’re mascot’ing streamers like Saintone and Zeal who play both NA LOA and KR LOA from South Korea, it wouldn’t have been a bad assumption either.

Guess i’ll hang out with the KR community for a bit until they fix this.

Well ask zeals the streamer how he plays NA servers and also Korean servers.

I’m pretty much an expat rn except i’m fluent in both as a 1.5 gen immigrant … but having to start over and joining the KR LOA community is a hassle when i already have friends and a communities to hang out with over at NA LOA.

1 Like

You’d think 4 months into publishing they can at least get a script to distinguish bots / non-bots properly without having to completely quarantine by geo-ip.

It’s unfortunate i just got my NA-WEST character up to 1400 and NA-EAST character almost at 1445 for Valtan HM (don’t ask why i play two regions, another issue for a different thread). the Ark Pass purchases really don’t mean much.

2 Likes

Speaking with a couple friends it seems like they are not geo-blocking by IP by rather your Steam country. So people in Korea with a US Steam account can apparently still log in (not 100% confirmed). US was originally my Steam country but got changed automatically after I made purchases using a Korean card. You can only change Steam store regions once every 3 months IF you make a purchase using a card registered in the new target location (e.g. I can change back to US 3 months after my last region change if I make a Steam purchase using a US credit card). Expats without US credit cards are SOL.