Black screen/stuck screen on login

After the most recent lost ark update. The game is now broken for me. Game gets stuck on Amazon logo. Sometimes it passes it and I hear the sounds of the next part of the game but is just a black screen. Note: the game was working just fine yesterday before the update.

I have tried restarting, fixing integrity of steam files and the solutions posted in this thread: Blackscreen on launch but none of it has worked.

Update: actually the solution from the linked post may not have worked because the “user config” file mentioned was not even present.

Hello @jabatin3,

I’m really glad to see you are here at the forums and hope you can enjoy your time here.

Regarding your concern I see that you had issues with the user config file, this file is usually a hidden file, to see it you should follow this steps:

1. Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
  2. Select View > Options > Change folder and search options.
  3. Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.

Please let me know if this helps you with your issue.

Cheers!

Hi Thank you for the quick response. It is not an issue with hidden files. I have that off by default and I did double check by creating a new hidden file. The file simply is not there at all.

@Wyvernn

Hi, the solution previously suggested did not work and I have now reinstalled the game to no benefit, is there any other way you can help?

Hello @jabatin3,

I’m really sorry about the delay on the response, sadly if the steps didn’t worked I can recommend you to reach us via chat using the following link: Contact Us | Amazon Games

Please make sure to have the DxDiag ready once you reach support, you can pull it following this steps:
DxDiag report:

• Go to Windows Start search bar and type dxdiag.
  • Click on dxdiag.exe.
  • When green progress bar goes away, select Save All Information and save the file to their desktop.

If you need more assistance please don’t hesitate in reaching us again!

Cheers!