BSOD + PC Restart Randomly

Hello!

I need some help. My game is suddenly triggering a BSOD and making my PC restart. From reading around, I’ve noticed it’s a bit of a common problem so I’ve tried some of the most common solutions (In hopes of avoiding getting a new PSU, as this error is 100% specific to this game)

• Tried chckdsk /p /f
  • Tried the workaround for the kernel error I get here:
  • Updated GPU drivers, disabled my windows defender.
  • This PC runs other games in high/very high. RDR2, GTA V, FFXIV, CK3, etc.
  • Tried updating my BIOS (By far the most common solution that seems to work for others), however my problem is that the latest BIOS update that exists for me is this old one. I am not sure if this has something to do, but since other recent games run perfectly I dont think so or at least I hope not.
    • BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/15/18 15:36:09 Ver: 05.0000C (type: BIOS)

Specs:

• MOBO: Asus Z170-A
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
  • Memory: 16384MB RAM
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19044)

If anyone has any additional pointers or help, I would appreciate it. I am going nuts :frowning:

Do mods ever reply to posts? :confused: Its incredibly frustrating to have a PC that runs most things and not be able to play this game because it keeps restarting said PC. And it isnt just me, it seems like a common problem and no solution/response is ever given.

Might be good to check why the system decided to bluescreen and restart.
If you search “Event Viewer” on your system and go in, then drop down “Windows Logs” and select “System”, there should be a massive list of logs of events that happen on your system.

Filter the logs to around the time the crash happened and look for a log marked as “Critical” and see if any of it matches the time your system decided to BSOD. It might give a bit more detail of why it happened or what the system detected as an issue right before it happened etc.

This was the solution to the error I found on the event viewer.

BugcheckCode 80
BugcheckParameter1 0xffff84861cdb922f
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0xfffff8044ff043f9
BugcheckParameter4 0x2

0x8000400000000002

KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

This last one is supposed to be due to drivers, but everything (including BIOS) is updated to the latest version.

But it shouldnt affect as much. I play other more demanding games and its weird that only this one triggers it

Damn I don’t know then :sob:
That error could be caused by a multitude of things so not easy to narrow down…

Like I had a friend who literally swapped their GPU to the other slot on their mobo and it’s never happened again because the first slot somehow got damaged over time.

Sorry I can’t be of any more help

You are the sweetest for trying, mate. Thanks!

Finally fixed it. Linking to the post where I give every single step I had to follow in case another poor soul needs it: