Buying character name from another player against ToS?

Hello, is buying a character name from another player against Terms of Service?

All payments would be in the form of in-game currencies (Gold and Royal Crystals).

But since the Name Change Ticket is only able to be bought with Royal Crystals would this make it against ToS?

The only connection to currency outside of the game would be me buying royal crystal to be able to gift a Name Change Ticket to player A.

I would like to additionally compensate player A with in-game currency in form of gold.

But since it’s still a “none-direct” trade i.e. gold+gifted Name Change in return for me being able to take player A’s old name, would this then be considered RMT (Real Money Trading)?

Have tried to read through forum posts and all the official Terms of Service and Codes of Conducts I could find, but since I do not have a law degree I cannot feel 100% certain without confirmation from an official source (Customer Support Staff etc.)

Hello @Antiknight,

Welcome to the Lost Ark forum, I’m really glad to see you are here at the forums and hope you can enjoy your time here and at the game as well!

Regarding your concern as long as no real money is involved on the transaction then I don’t see any issue with the character name purchase.

If you need further assistance in any other issue please don’t hesitate in reaching us again!

Cheers!

1 Like

Well since Royal Crystal can only be purchased using real money.
So technically real money is involved but since real money would not change hands and I would use the built-in gift feature would both me and player A be safe from accidentally breaking any ToS etc.?

It is a fair doubt! However since you will buy the royal crystals and gift them as payment there won’t be a transaction made so no ToS should be broke with this.

Cheers!