Cannot re-enter Valtan after this 60s-notice maintenance?

Are you serious? After a notice saying the sever will shutdown for a maintenance in 1h and it started counting down 60s, we lose our entry for Valtan? We need our entry count back.

Hello @Xplulu,

Welcome to the Lost Ark Forum! :mage:

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your entry to Valtan.

I understand how frustrating this is, in this case, we don’t have a way to re-grant daily or weekly entries to content manually, we have a system that takes care of this type of situations in order to provide the ticket back in very specific scenarios, we can’t guarantee that you will be receiving a ticket, I apologize for the inconvenience. Here’s a post that explains better how this system works.

See you in Arkesia! :sunflower:

Change this, why have human support at all if you can’t re-grant entries?

The only worthwhile content in your game has weekly lockouts and people are getting locked out from bugs and server problems.

Is support just a placebo to try to calm angry people that lost entry after spending an entire week doing menial tasks?

I love how these mods just copy and paste all of their responses.

1 Like

damn this is INSANE. You shouldn’t have to bear the weight of their screwup. Obviously you should be getting another entry to this, it’s the only thing that would make sense. OP, time for a steam review…

Give this player entry and if you can’t, then you need to change that IMMEDIATELY.

It doesn’t make sense to me. Your system should grant re-entry immediately after your system crash or shutdown with a 60sec countdown…

Hello everyone,

I understand how frustrating this situation can be, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I appreciate all the feedback you all have provided, it really help us improve the game, we value your opinions, as of right now there’s nothing we can do to give you back the tickets, please wait for our system to handle this.

Have a great day! :smile:

It says delivery could take up to a day and yet we still haven’t received the ticket.

Hey @Xplulu,

Thank you for replying,

Correct, the system can take up to 24 hours to deliver the ticket, however, it is not guarantee that you’ll be receiving one after a disconnection, if the system does not give you a ticket there’s nothing else we can do, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Have a wonderful day! :mage:

Real player -1. Have a wonderful day!