Character Stuck in Starsand Beach

I am unable to access one of my characters after trying to teleport to Starsand Beach. It resulted in an extremely long load screen until the game eventually crashed on me. I am able to access my other characters but not this one.

Server/Character Info includes:

Region: US East
Server: Regulus
Character name: Skyeburst
iLvl: 1100

1 Like

Just wanted to bump this for further attention, thank you!

Hello @xKarmaZEdge , welcome to the forums!

I have changed the location of your character to Prideholme!

Also do not forget to verify the integrity of the game files with steam before running the game, just to make sure there are no corrupt files.

Let me know if you new further assistance!

Farewell! :mage:

Hello, i am new to the forum and i was not able to make a new thread, so i decided to post here.

I am unable to access two of my characters after trying to teleport to Tortoyk. It resulted in an extremely long load screen until the game eventually crashed on me. I am able to access my other characters but not these two.

I have verified the integrity of the game files, even cleared steam cache.

Server/Character Info includes:

Region: EU Central
Server: Mokoko
Character name: Ntpearl
iLvl: 1304

Region: EU Central
Server: Mokoko
Character name: Whitepearll
iLvl: 1304

Hello @e7mohammad , welcome to the forums!

I’m sorry to hear that. :confused:

I have changed the location of your characters to Prideholme, Let me know if this helps!

Remember to verify the integrity of the game files with steam before running the game, just to make sure there are no corrupt files.

Let me know if you new further assistance!

Farewell! :mage:

I have exactly the same problem on my main character. The game crash after 30-45 second of loading. I have no problem with all my other characters.

Hello @Yannolecool, Welcome to our forums!

Thank you very much for bringing your current issue to our attention and I do apologize about the unexpected experience you had within your play-through.

Our team is currently working to fix this problem, I do recommend you to follow theses instructions:

I hope this information gives a great and helpful insight.

Have a wonderful weekend. :leaves: