Clown G3 is Killing a Social Aspect of the Game for Me

I honestly really like the raid overall and find the mechanics fun, but the complete lack of wiggle room for mistakes in terms of mechs is mentally exhausting. I like to play with my friends and want to prog with them, but G3 makes it really difficult if even one person is struggling for whatever reason. I can’t compensate if something goes wrong. It’s a wipe. I have a friend who plays at pretty high ping and going through saws is hell for them. It’s literally a 50/50. Both Valtan and Vykas had wiggle room for mistakes and compensation through skill, but whew, that ain’t a thing in clown.

14 Likes

That’s because life is pay to win. People who can afford better PCs, ISPs, live in richer countries etc are in advantage

1 Like

It is, indeed, mentally exhausting. It is literally slowly killing pug players’ motivation to proceed in the game. I just feel like closing the game after hours of random wipes no jk.

7 Likes

Just don’t make mistakes then, easy.

1 Like

I’m almost quit too pug life and my first time comment in this forum

2 Likes

A good alternative is, to do only Gates 1 and 2.

You´ll get your Trumpets and can play with your friends. We have the same problem in our group, so thats what we decided to do for now.

4 Likes

Clown was made from another director and his vision was lot of random unlogic bullshit…thats is lost ark now clown brelshaza and more…

Valtan G2 best fight ever 90% of things happen have logic

10 Likes

If he has problem with saws, let him to Mario 1.

1 Like

Valtan G2 is a punching bag and not at all difficult. if that’s what you expect out of content I’m not sure what to say really. Some people play for difficulty, not simply for a loot pinata.

4 Likes

G2 Valtan is such a snorefest. He just stands still and let you back attack him all day. At least Hell Valtan has some challenge in that you can get 1 shot by bs mechanics.

Clown G3 is easily the most fun and best fight they’ve put in the game. It’s absolutely hilarious and I love it.

7 Likes

People just got spoonfed by valtan design, where you fuck up and you die by yourself, theres 0 responsability, literally 0, 0 punishment, now we get an actual fight where your weight actually matters, you actually have responsability and its suddenly a bad fight cause now you have to actually play the game? the only thing left to say is gl on Brel.

4 Likes

NO logic is what i expect…He smash with axe. there are no random bullshit where you ask how and why

the nicest way ive seen for a long time for calling someone noob/gitgud
some players just like it easy and i admit there are players that like those random shit going to add more difficulty on a boss
but those 2 player are never the same

I get it, but in order to add difficulty you add more mechanics or increase the 1 shot mechanics, both of which people who fail to do either will complain about. There isn’t a way to make a difficult encounter otherwise. If everything is as telegraphed as Valtan G2 it becomes very dull, very fast.

And there isn’t anything in clown that has had me asking how and why. So I’m not quite understanding that statement. Everything is just as telegraphed and is just a matter of pattern recognition.

1 Like

That wasn’t my intentions. I don’t know their level of skill, and maybe they just like simple mechanics so they can turn their brain off, collect gold and loot and go about their day. I for one enjoy encounters with a lot going on. To each their own.

1 Like

I feel weird. Valtan and vykas were both harder to clear week 1 then clown.

It’s a 4 man raid where the odds of someone screwing up are so much smaller, especially compared to vykas, yet people are calling it rng heavy. Weirdos.

I know some of you might be a bit tired, but you’ll get over it. It’ll get better in the upcoming weeks

4 Likes

One-shots, gimmicks and group wipes add difficulty – but never feels “real” no matter what game it is.

Becomes more of a puzzle game than a fighting action game when there’s only a single way to handle a situation.

2 Likes

I mean the thing is, clown is NOT required to progress further in the game either. Plus as stated, you can still do gates 1 and 2 and make some headway on getting level 2 set bonuses.

you can make him do mario 3, let him afk during mario 1, the guy who does the mario 1 finishes it well before the stagger check is required to be completed so after that guy finishes his mario he can still come to stagger, during mario 4 he can afk again and you can do 1 lever only into wei the stagger, wei oneshots the shield if 1 lever is pulled and then deals damage with the remaining hits which is pretty good, just have to hold dps to have sidereal there

kinda annoying solution if the person on high ping doesnt want to get “benched” like that but if you just cant get through because of his ping / desync vs saws then you could try this