Crash after entering server or picking character

Hi, I was able to get on in the morning just fine, and again in the afternoon, but had to close Lost Ark through the Task Manager as it had stopped responding when I alt tabbed.

My issues started after this. I can open Lost Ark just fine, but on picking the server and entering, one of two things happens:

1. The screen goes black as if transitioning to the character select screen, but it hangs there. After a few minutes, Lost Ark closes.

2. I get to the character select screen, and I’m able to select different characters. On picking one and entering, I go to a loading screen to the zone that character is in (it says Kalaja or Punika, for example), but the bar only advances about a 10th of the way, stuttering as it goes, and stops. Again, it hangs here, and if I leave it, Lost Ark closes.

I checked integrity of game files through steam and no issues were found. I’m wondering if the initial Task Manager closes a few hours past may be the cause, but I don’t know hot to proceed.

If it helps, account is in NAW Bergstrom, character name Joomda

Thank you

EDIT: Got a third variety. Entered the server, got to the screen with my characters, but then the screen just froze while the music kept going. After alt tabbing, I could not go back to showing the Lost Ark screen, even through the mouse changed.

Hello @Joomda,

Welcome to the Lost Ark forum, I’m really glad to see you are here at the forums and hope you can enjoy your time here and at the game as well!

I’m really sorry about this issue you’re facing, I’ve seen a couple of reports of something related to this and I’m figuring this might be something we need to review, please reach us via chat using the following link: Contact Us | Amazon Games to create a support ticket and review your case deeply.

Please make sure to have the DxDiag ready once you reach support, you can pull it following this steps:

DxDiag report:

• Go to Windows Start search bar and type dxdiag.
  • Click on dxdiag.exe.
  • When green progress bar goes away, select Save All Information and save the file to their desktop.

If you need further assistance in any other issue please don’t hesitate in reaching us again!

Cheers!

2 Likes

Thank you,

I hadn’t seen the post, but ended up updating graphics drivers through GeForce Experience. This seemed to do the trick, though I’m suprised this was needed after it working finr in the morning. In case it happens again, I’ll make sure follow the contact link.

1 Like

I can’t make a new topic in the support section (button greyed out) is there any other way to file a ticket?

Hi @lynkx,

You can reach us via chat using the following link: Contact Us | Amazon Games to create a support ticket and review your case.

Please make sure to have the DxDiag ready once you reach support, you can pull it following this steps:

DxDiag report:

• Go to Windows Start search bar and type dxdiag.
  • Click on dxdiag.exe.
  • When green progress bar goes away, select Save All Information and save the file to their desktop.

If you need further assistance in any other issue please don’t hesitate in reaching us again!

Cheers!