Crash Yesterday during Aira's Hard Mode - No Reentry?

So I was in Aira’s Hard Mode with my friends when the Mari server in NA West crashed and we were all frozen in the dungeon about to fight one of the bosses.

When the servers came back on, we logged back in and could not restart it as it stated that we completed it when we definitely did not.

Today, I still didn’t receive a reentry ticket.

I talked to TWO different Lost Ark Amazon support people:
(1) Debjit - First told me to post in the thread regarding this, and when I asked them to link me, they gave me a thread about someone having difficulties with the Aira’s mechanic and not my issue. Then told me there’s no update right no regarding reentry tickets and once there’s an update, the devs would be commenting. After I was complaining about the link they sent me, they then stated they’ll create a ticket for me and send it to the devs, but then told me it would take up to 2-4 DAYS to work on the issue. At 4 days, it’s Thursday, which is weekly reset. I would like to be able to redo Aira’s hard mode before than in order to get the gold contribution I’m SUPPOSED to get for the week.
(2) Chawked - Also made a ticket for me.

This has never happened to me before and I don’t feel that it’s fair that I be PENALIZED and be unable to receive my weekly gold for Aira’s hard mode on this character when the SERVER went down.

I just want either the reentry ticket OR if you can just send the gold/materials I would’ve received from completing it without getting the box that comes with it (because I don’t need that since that character is 1400).
Region: NA West
Server: Mari
Character: Misosavage

Thank you.

Hello @MisoTilted,

Welcome to the Lost Ark Forum! :mage:

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, I’m so sorry to hear that your server crashed in the middle of Aira.

I understand how frustrating is to get disconnected in the middle of an activity. In this case, we don’t have a way to re-grant daily or weekly entries to content manually, we have a system that takes care of this type of situations, and in some specific cases the system gives the ticket back, however it can take more than 24 hours to give you the ticket, and we can’t guarantee that you will be receiving a ticket, I apologize for the inconvenience. Here’s a post that explains better how this system works.

See you in Arkesia! :mage: