Hello guys I’m kinda confused with how crit increases are worded in this game, and how some say crit resistance -18%. By saying this, is it saying im getting increased 18 crit chance?
I seen a video explaining how to stack crit for like the keen blunt engraving. And the example they were using was a striker. They were saying that with adrenaline at 15%, plus lightning whisper at 18%, plus some 1445 armor piece gives around 25%. Adding all of those should put you around 53% crit chance. Which makes sense, but when I read lightning whisper it says it adds -18% crit resistances. Is this just worded poorly? Shouldn’t it say +18% crit chance? Or the guy in the video just make a mistake? Thanks in advance!
Only different is crit resistance reduction will benefit by all 8 man party 1 and 2. Not sure if there is synergy buff crit chance, but most synergy buff like attack speed or supports’ shell only works for party members. That’s why all good party should have a wardancer or a striker.
Other than that you can just think the crit resistance is a flat increase of you crit rate. Say your striker has 50% crit chance, when he hit boss with 18% crit resistance reduction. The real crit chance is 68%.
u dunno if this affects all 8 man raid; there were people saying that only affects party members, and because of it they were saying “that’s why u need crit synergy in both partys when doing hell mode”
Affects only parties. The misunderstanding comes from the skill applying a debuff on the boss which is an extremely counter intuitive way to apply to party only. But it has been proven to work like this
which is your own assumption and not objective science
and then you say 18% crit is 9% dmg . yes in theory it is , but in theory there are deminishing returns.
so what ? science or opinion what is now how you wanna do your statements ?
alot of classes have deminishing returns, because most build their builds like having no crit synergy.
same like trixion does not work for every class ( hitmaster vs backatack classes ) the same way
id rather build my char like i dont have always a crit debuff in group and then im perhaps happy if i have one , or been more happy always have a flat 6% dmg increase from a armor reduction. cause crit is still a chance , and if there is a crit debuff of 18% chance and you still have a non crit Surge which hits with 20m instead of 60mil noone can tell me but my critdebuff i hit the boss with gives you 9% more dmg … not it did nothing.
in theory its better having a flat dmg increse like from supports or a flat armor reduction
same like more back and front attack dmg, does not help if you only can hit the boss from the side cause he corners
every class has deminishing returns on crit chance.
Crit resi down =more crit chance - > crit chance has always diminishing returns above 50% exceptions are for every class with increased crit damage - but they also reach a point where crit chance looses value.
Its late and maybe I’ll do some math in the morning but for example if u have 82% crit chance and u add 18% crit rate it probably won’t be 9%dps increase.
And please. For the love of God. Use the right words. Crit chance is never "damage increase of x%“it is an increase in dps which is damage per second.
Every class has deminishing returns because it’s a crit chance.
I see where ur coming from - but still for surge dB crit buff is best Synergie cause u can’t stack enough crit atm. The 18% crit buff or crit resi debuff to be precise is good if its on the boss on every surge. Statistically and by experience u should crit 78 out of 100 surges instead of only 60. If ur crit chance is 60 base what I assume. 18x40mill more should outweight the 6% damage increase from armor debuff.