Cube ticket refund, no response from support

So I was queueing for Dimensional Cube earlier and got vote kicked right after I loaded in, we haven’t even walked inside it yet. Now as you can tell there was really not reason for it since it only just began, I didn’t do anything at all. I’m assuming they knew each other and just had a little fun kicking the “random person” aka me.

I tried contacting support through live chat but the chat just disconnected for whatever reason so i tried again. The second time the support person literally just left the chat before i could even describe my problem.

What am i supposed to do now? I understand if they might not be able to refund it in case they really can’t prove i didn’t do anything and it’s not my own fault for losing the ticket but they don’t even respond at all?

(It’s in german since im german but it basically says that im connected to “person’s name” and my roughly topic. Right after that it says they left the chat.)

Also wegen einem Cube Ticket hätte ich auch gleich wieder aufgelegt :wink:
Warum machst du dir überhaupt die Mühe. Imho nichtig der ganze Vorgang^^

Hey there @Chiakichan

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, I’m so sorry to hear that you got disconnected queueing for Dimensional Cube.

I understand how frustrating it is to lose the rewards from the dungeon due to a connection issue, devs have resolved this will happen automatically in the next 24 hrs from the disconnect. If over 48hrs have passed without your ticket you might not be eligible.
We don’t have a way to grant you the access back to get the rewards manually, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Here’s more info:
Update to Timed and Ticketed Content Lockouts - Official News / Official News - Lost Ark Forums (playlostark.com)

Hope this helps. Let us know if there’s anything else we can help with.

Best wishes!