Eibern's Wound resistance

Just got it unlocked and it’s kinda puzzling that its death waters resistance is nearly identical to that of the Estoque on level 1. Is it really supposed to be that way?

1 Like

i felt VERY underwhelmed by it as well…

estoque at level 4 is WAY better than Eiberns at level 4 in every way possible…
its also easier to get decent crew for the estoque right now.

also, estoque seems to get more resistance per upgrade then eiberns…

just generally feels “off” (at least in the lower ship levels)

1 Like

The main thing with Eibern Wound is the crew you have access to. Grabbing “Berald” gives you a huge buff for Ghost Ship events (weekly) and they all give a big boost to Storm and Ghost resistance.
Estoque is probably still a better overall ship but I mainly just use Eibern’s Wound cause it’s cool : )
Similarly for Astray, it’s not that good just by itself, you need the crews.

2 Likes

i WOULD use the eiberns as well, IF you could turn of the ship-skin look without losing the benefits… but as thats not an option, im gonna stick to the estoque until i get the astray and be sad that all i see is the skin, which doesnt even look all that good but the benefits are just too good not to use ever

1 Like

This right here is the answer. At 1370 I basically carry the fight on my own because I’ve got this.

I use Eibern’s because it provides me a huge buff for Ghost Ship once a week and it looks really cool.

Working on Astray and have two weeks left until I unlock it, I’ve been focusing out the crew and mats to get it to be better than my Estoque. But as you said, if the person doesn’t invest into the crew then the ship itself isn’t great.

Estoque is a very good budget friendly build. Especially with the skin from the store.

2 Likes

The sheer amount of mats required to setup Astray is daunting for many lol
I did a quick check on the ideal Astray crew I want:
8k Sun coin for Relic Blackfang
14k Sun coin for Barakas
144k Pirate coins for Wilhelm (great resistance)
300k for the ship herself
Soooooooooo RIP. It will be months before I can assemble the whole crew

2 Likes

I’m aware of that benefit, yet I’m a dumb user who reads in-game descriptions. Description for Eibern’s Wound says it’s good against death waters, when in reality the ship itself is not so different in that regard from Estoque. If it’s designed to be strong only with the full crew, then maybe state that in the hint more clearly :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’d hurt anyone if they buffed base ship resistance against death waters so it’s at least noticeable?

On a slightly different note, it’s such a missed opportunity to give this ship a special honk sound akin to ghosts wailing.

1 Like