Every * Name is taken

I purchased the founders pack but wasn’t able to play due too long work hours affected by the pandemic . I’m now server locked in the f2p option servers (2 specifically on us west) . Every Fing name is taken . Such an outdated name system smh :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I had to try over 200 names before I found 1 not taken . This is absurd in year 2022. A name system similar to bnet should be implemented in the future.

12 Likes

yeap and it hasn’t even been a week

1 Like

Yeah, yesterday I saw Gandalff and Geraaalt running around

1 Like

I had to be super creative…my normal unique names were gone.

1 Like

names are one of the few things that is region based, only 1 person per region can have a name rather then 1 per server.

1 Like

What A bummer! Name policy needs to be updated to year 2022 technology …

I think Player character name is their DB Key. That is why it is so stringent.

1 Like

It’s because most content is intra-region inter-server. Whilst you can have multiple db entries with the same ‘name’ field you can’t have that in game because how would you know who was talking when you’re grouped with four other Legolambs?

I agree with you, all very 1997 to me. All they needed was the ability to use a space, and more than one cap. That’s it.

Legolas Smith

The good news is, one of the CMs mentioned they are having the developer look into changing that, and if they do, they’d hand free name changes if they pull it off. Crossing my fingers.

4 Likes

you are not the only one. Nobobody cares about it

8 days later, trying to pick any random name that doesnt have tripple of the same characters. This is worst naming system of anygame i’ve played.

This is World of Warcraft levels of screw ups. Why is it so hard for games to just add character surnames? It’d solve basically everything.

2 Likes

Remember you can use alt-codes to add accents to letters - might let you have something close to what you want. Like Azèryk instead of Azeryk for example.

-“Can you invite my friend to the guild also?”
-“Sure, whats his name?”
-“Dòómbrîngér”
-“sigh…”

But yeah. If you don’t want to sit two hours in the character screen, coming up with a name you like and isn’t taken already, that’s the “easiest” way. But the more common ones are most likely taken also, even with all the nonsensical accents.

1 Like

Greetings Adventures

Thank you for reaching us out and I do apologize about the unexpected experience you had within your play-through.

Special character such as: #@/?-", etc are restricted and hence you’re a not able to create a name using one of them.

What I know thus far is there are some limitations when selecting a name for a character as in the case of some words mixtures, but I do not handle nor know what they are.

’m sorry for all type of inconveniences and problems this issue may caused you without mention the bad experience you have gone through trying to run or play the game

Patience is a virtue, regards,

:spades: JWarlock :diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside:

This is the most random reply I’ve seen on the forums so far.

18 Days later
Standardized text block
Zero new information
No one asked a question but suggested a up to date naming system.

You high or something?

7 Likes

I think CS was desperate to find something to help with.
Looked through the ready answers he had been given then found some topic title after scrolling through 500+ topics that he read as “I cant use * sign in a name” then he pasted his answer with a smile and thought “your welcome”.

this cm is like a bot … i have a very bad feeling about this if they put bots now for the EU primetime here… because after all roxx is US based as are most other cms …

Patience is a virtue?

/slapintheface

You people want to use some of the most generic names possible or names you can easily find online and then try and whine that someone else took them.