Explain to me this kick?

A.K.A., it’s not mandatory.

2 Likes

lmao

video was before the patch happened, and they did bring it in. If you need more explanation or direct message from them stating “mandatory”, you need to work on your skill to understand one’s intentions.

Also I hope everyone in groups that you join into including legion raids from now on never use any battle items because it isn’t mandatory in future.

I’m not the one making rules, the pathetic battle item brigade are the ones trying to impose their rules on other people.

I use battle items, I prefer when people use battle items.
I don’t like narcissistic A-holes abusing the system because it doesn’t ever stop there. Today it’s battle item usage. What will it be tomorrow? Next month? 3 months from now?

What “rules” are the narcissists going to try and impose next?

2 Likes

Yeah this idea is a direct conflict with the AGS code of conduct which they enforce pretty heavily. The odds of these rules being successfully normalized in our version are pretty much slim to none. Players just have a different mentality. I would be willing to bet money that people are going to start catching suspensions within the next week over this.

More to the point though in many of these threads im seeing a common theme. None of these people are bothering to try and teach these players this “Rule” or explain their reasoning. They just kick them. It would be a different story entirely if they tried to explain things and were met with toxicity in response.

2 Likes

I agree to some point except that these aren’t new players or this isn’t first day of kunge. It’s hard to find someone who actually has no idea of the “general rule” and we all know that. Even if there are, it doesn’t take a 4 year degree to learn about these rules.

This is what i find funny and an extension of all AGS cares about without actual knowledge of the game is

they even promoted official post about battle item usages in the past as “academy”. So now they are saying while there are general rules that majority of people should follow, it’s not okay to warn someone when they aren’t?

they even named it " GENERAL ETIQUETTE ". So not following the general etiquette is not being toxic but calling someone out for completely ignoring one is?

2 Likes

You spent more time writing a post than you would have spent on farming for these twenty gold coins you cheaped on

3 Likes

Don’t assume anything. There are clearly a good number of players who do not know these rules and kicking them without explanation like this is not going to improve the situation. In most of these cases its pretty clear that the initiators are just being petty or they would take the time to explain.

Tale as old as time. If I have to do something so do you. Because its fair right? Is it fair then to kick that player when they have no knowledge of this “Rule” which is mentioned literally no wheres in the game at any point?

Again I would say that so long as they have made it clear what is expected and were met with toxicity in response warning/kicking would be acceptable. But if that player is contributing damage/using pots and not being toxic - no I do not think it is acceptable to kick them. You can let them know that they should bring those items in the future. People will be far more receptive if they are not being forced at the point of a gun. If you want to normalize this, kicking people without explanation is the wrong way to go about it.

I mean its general etiquette not a mandatory rule set. You could say that it is rude to not use certain items but kicking people over it is going a step too far.

2 Likes

What should others’ do about one’s rude behaviour? suck it up and just play?
imho, kicking someone is the least what one can do for one’s rudeness in this game

3 Likes

Maybe that’ll teach you to use battle items next time.

or just cheap out on them and cry on forums again, idk.

2 Likes

What? He refused to cooperate in a group setting by being selfish and they are somehow ABUSING the system by kicking him???

Game teaches you from your FIRST GUARDIAN FIGHT, to use the battle items when fighting guardians. This is what THE GAME TELLS YOU TO DO. If everyone in the group agrees on using items, and you are the only selfish one that doesn’t want to use even the free items the game gave you, you should absolutely be kicked. Go and solo the boss if you don’t want to cooperate with the group of people.

4 Likes

Don’t join groups of people if you don’t want to cooperate with them. If you can break Kunga’s shell solo, then go ahead and do the raid alone, and don’t waste other people’s time.

I would kick you instantly as well.

1 Like

It’s not about “imposing rules”, it’s about working with your teammates and valuing your own time.

You don’t want to communicate and contribute in a team exercise you signed up for, fine, but then don’t complain when others don’t want to put up with it. MM Raids aren’t a single player experience that can be bent to your whims.

1 Like

Im 1480 artillerist with build that includes weak points (just for this boss) ill break that shell solo np.

If it isn’t breaking instantaneously then that would be why. Even if you can solo break it, if you can’t solo break it with one skill, then there is a need for corrosive because it increases the weak point for everyone so you get to breaking that shell faster and doing actual damage faster. I agree that if you MM all bets are off so they really shouldn’t have been expecting anything of you but I wanted to explain why (should you decide to party finder) the corrosive is expected for fairness of battle items used as well as the actual purpose of that item in particular.

These standards are normalized in our version. Look no farther than kung pf being 20+ parties at most times of day and kung MM now starting to kick people who grief the party by not using an appropriate item. It’s directly compatible with AGS’ rules.

The reason most people do this is not to exert control or shame others. It is to work together to achieve a common goal. It is to set a fair standard of what contributing means. People who refuse to use battle items are looking to take advantage of others.

This is why people are willing to kick people who don’t use battle items or leave and join a group that will. It’s not raw “clear as fast as possible” efficiency but instead efficiency in working together and reasonable contribution.

Not throwing a battle item on kung is the same as afking for some portion of the fight.

3 Likes

If they wanted items to be used then make a party dont pull that crap in match making

2 Likes

IT was MATCH MAKING read chat before talking plz

2 Likes

When you join a MM group you shouldn’t be forced to use what they want you to use i didn’t have these at the time and wasn’t told to get. We engaged in fight then they demanded i use corr there was no heads up

3 Likes

people who refuse to use battle items are toxic, and they deserve the kick
I just wish more people would kick

2 Likes

Dude “non battle item usage peeps” sound like flat eartheners. So yeah, they gonna keep getting kicked and they are going to make similar posts.

To the OP: Ok I get it, you didn’t know and didn’t expect it so it’s normal to be little upset. Now you know, so next time just use the nade and you done faster and smoother.

1 Like