Game no longer can run after March 31st update

Game freezes on Amazon splash screen since March 31st update. Tried reinstalling, and verifying file integrity. Does not fix.

Hello @jabatin3

I’m sorry about the game launch issue. I request you to try the following steps and check if the issue is resolved.

Fix #1

• Open your Steam Library.
  • Right click the game’s title and select. Properties.
  • On the. General. tab you’ll find. Launch Options. section.
  • Enter in launch options: -force -dx9
  • Close the game’s. Properties. window and launch the game.

Fix #2

• On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type advanced system settings . Click View advanced system settings .
  • Under the Performance section, click Settings… .
  • In the pop-up window, navigate to the Advanced tab. Under the Virtual memory section, click Change.
  • Deselect the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives checkbox. Then select Customize size .
  • Enter Initial size and Maximum size according to the physical memory of your computer. Microsoft recommends that virtual memory should be 1.5 to 3 times the size of physical memory. In my case, the physical memory (actual RAM) of my computer is 8 GB, so the Initial size for me here is 8 x 1024 x 1.5 = 12288 MB , and the Maximum size should be 8 x 1024 x 3 = 24576 MB . Once you’ve entered your size of virtual memory, click Set , then click OK to save the changes.
  • Restart your computer and check if the game launches.

Please reply to this post if the issue still persists.

Have a great rest of your day. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @ThunderWolf

The force dx9 does allow the game to run but it is extremely choppy with constant slowdowns that it is basically unplayable.

I have no problems with memory with 16GB base and have a large paging file size allocated already. These things only occurred after the update so I’m not sure what has changed but currently it is impossible to do any mechanics in the game with its performance on the dx9 system.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for the information @jabatin3

Could you please confirm if you have checked your PC for any pending Graphic Driver and Window Updates?

@ThunderWolf

Yes after the game stopped working I checked all my drivers. There was a windows framework update which I did but it didn’t fix the issue, but my graphics driver was already up to date. Between yesterday and today I didn’t really do anything, nothing was installed it was mostly just going to sleep and waking up to it not working so it may be some incompatibility that came from the patch.

Is there anyway to not require the dx9 fix? The game might just run better on dx11 for me, if it didn’t have issues. Also it seems better in less crowded channels for some reason so it is playable there at the least.

Thanks a lot for the information @jabatin3

I request you to try the steps mentioned in the following link:

If the troubleshooting steps in the above link don’t help with the issue, I request you to contact us through live chat here: Lost Ark - Support | Amazon Games so that our Support Staff can look into the issue for you and resolve with instant troubleshooting, also if nothing works they’ll create a ticket for you and forward it our devs to check.

I hope this information helps. Have a good one. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the help I will try it out