Game terminates without any error message

Hello!

In the last patch I observe increased numbers of crashes: game terminates without any error, I get clean screen and can instantly start the game back.

This problem starts to cost me a lot: I loose island rewards, I loose guardian souls from the raids and soon I expect this may happen in legion raid.

Can someone help me? Any suggestion where can I find crash logs to see more information?

Hello @Alexon,

I am sorry to hear you seem to be getting sporadic crashes. These are usually the result of a brief disconnection (when no error message comes up along with it).

Please try the following steps in order to troubleshoot this:

1- Please verify the integrity of game with the Steam integrity check
How To run a Steam Integrity Check
2- Close other applications that may be taking up your bandwidth.
3- Switch to a wired connection.
4- Restart your router and modem.
5- Troubleshoot your firewall.
-Press Windows + R, type “firewall.cpl” into the Run window, and then press Enter.
-Click Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall and then click Change settings.
-Look for the game in the list of allowed apps and features. If it’s present, make sure it’s checked, and that both the Private and Public columns have a check mark. If the app is missing from the list, you need to add it.
*Click Allow another app…, locate and select the app, then click Add.
*Once you’ve done that, you need to ensure that the app is checked, and that it has check marks under both the Private and Public columns.
6- Test your connection for packet loss or buffering. To test, go here and click the big Start Test button to start the test. Once the test is complete, the results are displayed.
7- Verify you are not using VPN or proxy services. (Note the use of VPN is not permited when connecting to our servers).

If the issue persists after this, the scenario will require our tech team to look into your logs and follow up directly with other possibly sensitive account information that is best not posted on the forums so it would be best if you could please create a web ticket by going to Contact Us | Amazon Games.

I hope this helps and if not, do not hesitate reaching out to live support.

See you in Arkesia! :wolf:

Hello!

I did this as a first effort. I did integrity check + 2 clean reinstalls: first time just uninstalled, second time completely removed any folder associated with Lost Ark and did fresh installation.

Firewall is also in good state.

Also I want to note that I first contacted support, but I think I didn’t get connected with the tech team.

I found a lot of errors in Windows Event Viewer and I read that they are connected to Easy Anti Cheat (link to other post - KernelEventTracing: Session “dc3a3596-71e1-45a3-b2ea-39ad5322fe51” failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022) - #5 by eevetvtwitch - English Support - New World Forums )

Session “dc3a3596-71e1-45a3-b2ea-39ad5322fe51” failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

I may assume that this can be connected to the EasyAntiCheat changes and possible improvements in bot detection.

Hello again @Alexon ,

Thank you for following up with more details regarding your disconnections. These seem to be related to our EAC (Easy Anti Cheat) software and here are some basic steps in which we can troubleshoot it:

1- Verify integrity of game files by running a Steam integrity check:
How To run a Steam Integrity Check
2- Repair, Reinstall, Update, or Verify EAC.
To repair Easy Anti-Cheat:

• Open the Lost Ark Application in your Steam library.
  • Open Settings, select Manage, and then Browse Local Files.
  • Open the EasyAntiCheat folder.
  • Launch the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe file as administrator, and run it.
  • Select Repair.
    3- Checks for Windows updates.
    4- Scan for malware.
    5- Restart your computer.
  • Close all open programs, including Lost Ark and Steam before you do so.

If this does not clear the issue, please note contacting live support via the links provided above will be your next course of action.

Hope this helps, and see you in Arkesia! :wolf:

Nothing helped. Still Easy Anti cheat terminates game for me after failing some kernel checks.

Hello @Alexon,

Sorry to hear the troubleshooting did not clear the issue. Your next course of action is to use the links I provided earlier to contact live support.

Yeah, I submitted 2 tickets:

• 1st directly to Easy Anti cheat website
  • 2nd to Amazon support.

Lets see how it goes :slight_smile: I feel that bugs in the easy anti cheat can ruin game experience and Amazon support may not be helpful as this is out of their control…

2 Likes

@Alexon try changing to Dx9 and fullscreen until they solve it, this worked for me.

@Fenrirskoll crashes continue and now game crashed during moment when I cast Thirain in G1 of Valtan. Guess what? My character didn’t get rewards and now I am locked out from the raid.

Also support didn’t provide ANY ANY meaningful help. I guess quality of technical support are just template copy-pasters that wont solve any problem.

Hello again @Alexon,

I am sorry to hear you are still having issues with disconnections. In regards to entries, these continue to be rolled out and only granted in case of verified outages or server disconnections. If your scenario befalls that, you can expect the automated system to grant it within 48 hours. You can read on how we handle these scenarios here.

From the last time we spoke, some new troubleshooting has been added for disconnections due to error codes linked to EAC. The possible work around for it has been posted here:

We’ve posted the troubleshooting steps on our official site as well:

Please give these troubleshooting steps a try and do not hesitate adding your details in the main thread quoted above if the steps do not clear it for you.

@Fenrirskoll please give me information where game crash logs are located.
At this moment when game terminates/crashes I dont get any log or error message. Please consult with technical department or whatever exists there - how can I see my local crashlogs and send them here.

Hello @Alexon,

We do not accept any form of private information to be posted on the forums. If you wish to follow up with your log information or personal troubleshooting, you will need to do so via the live support ticket you mentioned you created and got a reply to.

Do not hesitate following up with Live Support if you require further assistance.

See you in Arkesia. :wolf:

Okay, then can you please give me information where game crash logs are located. This is not personal information, but none of the posts mentions this.