Gold on hold depreciating

Recently used some royal crystals to buy gold in the currency exchange shop in-game and because of the update it goes on a 3 day hold. I sold crystals for 14,200 gold and today one day before it gets released into my currency pouch it’s listed as 12,471 gold. I checked the patch notes and saw no mention of this and didn’t see anything related on the forums (didn’t look too hard, apologies). Wondering if this is intended functionality or not?

The held gold can be used for honing. I dont know what the process looks like so I cannot confirm what to look for but I assume you may have used some if you have done any honing recently.

1 Like

Did you gain gold in a different way that would have the restriction in the past few days?

Interesting didn’t know that, that was probably it then. Hard to tell how much gold I have when I have some sitting in pending, wish there was a way to tell the difference between the 2 in the game’s UI

Yup hold gold can still be used in certain other activities (and is used first).

• Added new preventions to deter gold sellers. Paid gold (purchased from the currency exchange) will have a 3-day withholding period. Gold that is under a withholding period will be called ‘withheld funds’. Gold without a withholding period will be called ‘available funds’. Withheld funds will be restricted in the following ways:
    • Cannot send withheld funds through mail
    • Cannot deduct from withheld funds when accepting billing mail
    • Cannot use on 1:1 trades
    • Cannot use in Auction House
    • Cannot use in Marketplace
    • Cannot use in Loot Auctions

If its not on the above list then the Held gold will be used first (Things like honing, SH things).

2 Likes

Makes more sense as I did some honing and crafted some fusion materials. Thanks!