Island Souls from Bosses

Hello! As someone who is currently trying to increase the number of souls, I started wondering if it is possible to drop the island souls from the hourly bosses, for example Orvis and Alteisen, without having the Daily Reward active. I am currently T3 and it would feel really bad if I actually need to spend the Daily on this T2 bosses, for a small chance of dropping the soul, as it goes against the purpose of horizontal content.

Edit : In fact, looks like we can’t drop souls or other collectibles from these daily bosses without spending the Daily Field Boss reward. Since we got everything at such an accelerated pace in our version, we didn’t get the chance to farm for these while at the supposed tier level and as such, it would be quite nice if our version had a QoL improvement to make us able to farm for horizontal progress without getting hit on the vertical progression. As such, I will give my suggestion for this, which keeps the daily entry limit, so that it keeps the difficulty of dropping:

Right now it only gives rewards on the first boss of the day, as it should and I am not saying it shouldn’t be this way. Just think it would be a nice QoL feature that you could kill the other bosses 1 time a day as well for the possibility of dropping ONLY the soul (or omnium star for the case of Moake). At least you would not be losing weeks worth of T3 gear to get the souls.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this answers your question, and someone can counter me if I’m wrong, but last time I tried to farm drops from more than one boss in a day, I only got rewards from the first boss (and none of the subsequent ones). So no, you wouldn’t be able to get the other Island Souls because the bosses won’t give drops.

If I’m wrong and just got massively unlucky, some please correct me, but that was my experience.

ETA: I’m talking about the world boss spawns (the ones on the calendar) and not some of the field bosses for the adventure tomes and stuff.

in every MMO game you must choose your grind priority.
MMO games are for the long run and it would totally make sense to make it possible only on the first attempt

The sad thing is being forced to do lower level content because you missed an important reward. When the newer bosses give you gear you can use.

I still don’t have bleed, moake omnium, punika chaos rage despite doing them for months. I am worried when south vern content comes i will have to ignore it if i want those stuff.

nah its impossible dont try it again …

1 Like

Right now it only gives rewards on the first boss of the day, as it should and I am not saying it shouldn’t be this way. Just think it would be a nice QoL feature that you could kill the other bosses 1 time a day as well for the possibility of dropping ONLY the soul (or omnium star for the case of Moake). At least you would not be losing weeks worth of T3 gear to get the souls.

Forget about the soul even, today I had to waste my field boss rewards because I needed food from Magmadon, T1 boss.

And I still haven’t got Feiton/Yorn food from bosses, even though I did both a couple of times. I’m going to have to bite the bullet and do both before Thunderwings is out.

Not to mention I’ve been griefing by doing Brealeos for 2 weeks now and I can’t get the soul. Still don’t have Sol Grande soul or map, either.

Imo, it’s a big issue because KR players had like a year to get all the rewards, but we have to sacrifice our T3 rewards. Just another thing they didn’t think of when they released the game. You can’t force players to waste a lot of rewards on low drop chance for previous content.

Doing Moake 20 times is fine because you get the T3 stuff, but doing T1/T2 bosses isn’t.

3 Likes

Agreed, and we won’t even want to do moake when the next one is out in 2 weeks.

Exactly, I haven’t touched brealeos yet just because I still haven’t gotten the Omnium from Moake and really want it before Thunderwings comes. I didn’t even think of the food drops, but just adds up to the issue.

I think the best way to solve this was to have the current daily rewards (acessories, materials,…) for the first boss of the day, but you could complete the other bosses 1 time per day as well, just for the chance of this collectibles (Souls, Omnium’s, Foods, …). It would fix this issue, while still only being grindable 1 time per day.

2 Likes

It’s not supposed to be easy to get lol. If you could just farm it outside of your initial kill there’d be no point in having it because the majority of people would have been done with it by now. There’s gonna be a point where you won’t care to use your drops on lower bosses.

If you really want island souls there are plenty of ways to get them outside of hunting bosses. I currently have 83 and am missing both brealeos and alteisen so…

One problem is that a lot of people just do moake even when 1370-1400 when they do pinprick damage and die 15 times. Saw on Reddit once that moake drops increased based on doing actual damage. So you probably have very small chance at star or bleed rune doing moake too early. And ofc the 1385 bosses are ghost towns. People used to beg for 1370-1385 people to come fight the 1385 bosses where they could have got the souls and the rune at a better chance than moake drops.

You’re completely missing the point. It shouldn’t be farmable 10 times a day, but we’re talking about horizontal progression items.

And right now if you want to do horizontal progression, you’re harming your vertical progression. Those two shouldn’t be tied. Noone’s complaining about ridiculously low island soul drops on adventure islands, because they don’t harm your vertical progression. But having to grief yourself by doing T1/T2 bosses multiple times because of design not adjusted from T1/T2 which we never got to play properly is a valid complaint.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with damage. I got moake ominum on my first try at 1340, don’t have bleed after like 20+ runs. When I got third crab I stopped doing it.

It’s not possible for the soul to drop if it’s not your first boss of the day.

Okay, except I just answered based on what they said? They literally said they’re trying to increase their number of souls. You’re also not forced to do any of this, if you want to focus on one of the other then that’s what you do. There are going to be plenty of times where there will be downtime in-between content.

I didn’t miss the point, I get we’re on a hyper-speed schedule compared to previous versions except that’s just a sacrifice that was made. It’s either we get content quicker or we sit around waiting for months without anything and we have plenty of time for collectibles. They aren’t gonna rework their entire system just cause of that.

If it makes you feel any better, verticle progression slows down significantly after Valtan as the jumps between requirements are much smaller than argos>Valtan.

We also already have the updated version where lower-tier bosses have a much higher chance of dropping collectibles.

Whether it’s for souls, cookings or Omnium stars, the point still stands, you should never have to sacrifice daily vertical progression for a chance of getting horizontal progression, even more in our version where everything releases much faster. No one is asking for higher rates or anything like that, just the possibility of trying to drop it, like the suggestion I gave below.

I think the best way to solve this was to have the current daily rewards (acessories, materials,…) for the first boss of the day, but you could complete the other bosses 1 time per day as well, just for the chance of this collectibles (Souls, Omnium’s, Foods, …). It would fix this issue, while still only being grindable 1 time per day.

Except it’s not entirely horizontal only progression. Many of these collectibles have rewards tied in that actually help with your vertical progression or in some way make your character stronger. Hence why you have to actually use these daily limits to achieve them.

And the daily limit would still stand in the suggestion I gave, you simply could go to more than 1 island per day for the collectible chances.