Lost Ark causing BSOD

Game started crashing frequently about 1 week before Brel release. It happens 10x more in Brelshaza than in any other legion raid but it has also happened in Vykas/Valtan a few times. Computer will BSOD and restart by itself.
Tried so many different things in order to fix this, even accepted that my GPU was faulty but after trying different games and seeing people complain about the same sort of issue on this forum, I don’t believe it is my GPU.

• Used DDU to remove/reinstall older GPU drivers.
  • Reinstalled Windows/Lost Ark - multiple times.
  • Every Lost Ark setting is at the lowest it could be.
  • Used benchmark software to stress GPU to 100% usage with no crashes.
  • Verifed Steam Files.
  • Repaired/Reinstalled EAC using installer.
  • Swapped to DX9
  • Updated BIOS
  • Ran Memtest to check for errors - None found.

I played other MMOs and cranked video settings to the absolute max and I experienced 0 crashes. LoL/GW2/OW/Elden Ring do not crash.
Seems to be a Lost Ark specific issue.

Even if you scroll back a few days/weeks on this forum you can find people complaining about the same kind of BSOD issue.

* Example 1
* Example 2
* Example 3
* Example 4
* Example 5

I could go on and link more but you get the idea. We really need a hotfix for this, the game is downright unplayable.

1 Like

Hi @Auragen

Hope you are doing well!

I’m so sorry for the issue you are having while you are playing Lost Ark.

Thank you for let us know what troubleshooting steps you had tried.

I would like to know if you have tried to check and reinstall the EAC?

Here is the link if you have not try it yet.

Troubleshooting EAC Issues

Also check verify the integrity of the game files to check if there any corrupted file that is causing the problem.

Steam Verify integrity of the games files

If the problem persist once you have tried all the steps, I recommend you to contact our support team by creating a web ticket to help you further with this problem.

Contact us

Also please make sure to shared the DxDiag once you have reached support, you can pull it following this steps:

DxDiag report:

Go to Windows Start search bar and type dxdiag.

Click on dxdiag.exe.

When green progress bar goes away, select Save All Information and save the file to their desktop.

Hope this information helps you and happy holidays! :wolf:

Done all of that, still happens.
Please forward this to the correct team @Roxx

Hi @Auragen, when you get the BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) and your windows has crashed can you let us know what the error message is that appears onscreen ?

I do think it is a bit odd that upon a BSOD your machine will restart by itself too, perhaps that is a setting in the bios.
One of the threads you link as an example had their issue resolve by itself and while that is not the best way to go about fixing something it does make me think that perhaps there was something going on in the background for that person and they hadn’t realised something needed to be finished.

Starting at the start, I would suggest that you check for windows updates manually and get them installed and done to begin with.
I would also consider rechecking any software you have installed and running (VPN, Firewall, Anti-Virus, any Other security products), make sure they are updated and if required have exceptions for Lost Ark and EAC.

Some of the examples you list make mention of a brand of Video driver and a specific method for changing the driver. Could you verify what video driver version you are running against the version numbers mentioned in your example.

Good Luck :+1:

Windows is up to date.

This has happened on a complete fresh install of windows with no other programs installed so I don’t think it’s another program interfering.

Current Nvidia Driver (Latest): 527.56 - Experience crashes
Old Nvidia Drivers tested: 512.77/517.48 - Both experience crashes also

When I use an old Nvidia driver, My screen freezes and I get BSOD with “Video TDR Failure” error message.
When I update my Nvidia driver to the latest version, my screen just freezes and computer restarts.
The most suggested solution to fix “Video TDR Failure” is to use DDU and install older drivers but this does not work.

Again, this does not happen with any other game.

Thanks for your reply! @Auragen

I also would like to thanks @mick437 for sharing some other troubleshooting steps for this issue.

I’m sorry that none of them works for you.

In this case, please reach out our support team with the link I’ve share above in order to help you further and create a ticket to the Devs team to investigate the issue and found a solution for it.

Remember when you make the contact to share the DxDiag report with them.

Have a nice day and happy New Year! :wolf:

I’m guessing EAC got an update maybe. Try updating your BIOS. EAC uses your computer in a more special way (than any other application) and it can cause problems with older or less stable bios microcodes. I’m not following LA anymore but I’ve got a few friends at the release who had this as a solution, worth a try.

Edit: Oh ye, I forgot. ASUS Armoury Crate and Citrix can cause video problems on some DX games.

Seems like Ram issue. Have you ever tried changing slots of rams or better try single instead of duo? Try it and lets see what happens.

BIOS is already using the latest version and I’ve ran memtest overnight with no errors.

Thanks for your replies @Rieltrem and @VolcanoRosso

We really appreciate your replies and help with this problem.

@Auragen I’m sorry that either that steps shared didn’t help you with this issue.

If you make the contact with the support team to help you further with this, please let me know how it went.

I’ll be monitoring this post! :wolf:

Which version of Windows?

7 was having problems of its own. 11 sometimes also, particularly if you’re opted into the ‘download preview’ or whatever it’s called where you sort of beta test updates for Microsoft.

Random thoughts, but how much free hard drive space you have? Maybe you’re using virtual memory/external drives as a ram supplement?

The game itself takes a huge amount of memory and spikes during dungeon type content (at least for me). Plus EAC itself takes a bunch more.

EAC also has inexplicable interactions with some other programs it thinks might be hacking related. Programs like keyboard/mouse software that includes remaps or macro recording options, stuff running in the background like remote desktop, even some antivirus software or VPN-like tools.

You try safe mode with networking? Maybe download a free (reputable) Firewall to use temporarily instead of your current one?

EDIT: One time I got a Windows file backup error saying the stuff it was trying to access was locked. Pretty sure it was from EAC given the time frame of the issue and I had the game open.

Thanks for your reply! @PowPowtia

We really appreciate you for sharing this steps that may helps with this issue.

Please @Auragen let us know if you still have the problem and how it went with the steps.

Hope you have a nice day! :wolf:

They are working on a fix.

Hi again @Auragen.

Thank you so much for you reply!

I’m glad that the team is right now working on a fix.

Let’s wait for any news about it. I also will be checking is there share any information about the fix for this issue.

Hope you have a nice day! :wolf: