“People can build whatever path they want”
It is not entirely true in Lost Ark.
Every class boils down into 2 depend on their Identity Skill.
Be it engraving/stats/tripod, everyone will build exactly the same way. Because if they don’t, they will lose a lot of impact on their class.
And for a game that has been developing for 8 years, this is sad to see.
If you take a look at a similar game, Path of Exile for example. Every path you choose contribute to your end game and it doesn’t fall off in term of impactful. You can get all the STR nodes, then later convert all STR into INT to play a mage build while having access to Warrior perks/skill, it is possible.
Now I’m not saying Lost Ark should follow that much of diversity, but there are certain aspect that could be improved to encourage more builds and diversity.
Here are my suggestions:
1. Elemental Effect should affect boss but in a different way than it affect normal monster (work along Domination as it increase dmg vs debuffed enemy)
- Ice Debuff : Reduce Water resistance (thus improve further water dmg depend on stacks). This encourages people to take Ice Tripod instead of just going Dark/Fire for extra dmg. And useful if you have other Water Element user in party.
- Electrocute Debuff: Increase Stagger Damage. Help with Stagger check on classes that has low Stagger Dmg
- Expertise: Add Penetration to Armor / Elemental Resistance
- Domination: Increase Elemental Damage / Increase Damage base on HP/Armor (Improve support dmg and work along with Endurance)
- Endurance: Reduce Escape Skill Cooldown. Increase Combat Resource Recovery/Pool. Make Shield and Healing affect party members (with lower percentage for balance)
With just a few changes above, I’m sure you can definitely see more builds around. Expertise / Domination / Endurace accessories become more valuable. And people won’t get frown on for having less popular stats.
An example build with the changes above:
I can make a Sorc (or or any class) that only use Ice/Fire Tripod with Expertise/Domination stats, since they increase dmg from my debuff and make my debuff last longer. My stagger skills does more stagger dmg because Sorc has very limited Stagger skills.
Instead of just copying just one build and know it just work. Different build offer different playstyle and the moment you see your build come together, it’s the best experience.