Lost Ark not available in Ukraine

Hey there
Suddenly, while trying to buy founder pack, and being in Ukraine (which is obviously literally in the center of Europe) i find myself in situation where i can’t do it as my region is not eligible

I know and i did some research - it’s not really related to geography stuff - but, from legal/payments/etc side Ukraine works fine with Steam and people here spend $$$ on dota and other weird stuff. Yes, Amazon is not available here, but amazon is not available in half of supported countries. That’s why it’s really not clear for me what are the reasons for Ukraine being banned for EU launch. And because i dont know reasons i can’t predict if there any chance it will change in the future
Anyone here who can help?
Thank you

P.S. Dont suggest play on russia lost ark, please

5 Likes

Amazon don’t have rights to publish this game in Ukraine.
mail.ru owns rights to Ukrainian region.

5 Likes

As Jakey already stated. The publishing rights lay with mail ru.
Publishing rights can only be given once. So no other publisher can take this right and publish to that region as it would breach two contracts which would end in millions of $ damage.
As this is not changeable and will not even be discussed you dont have any other chance then to use a VPN.
mail ru wont ban you afaik, but steam and amazons ToS state that they will ban you if they catch you.

1 Like

Ukraine is not even close to the center of the EU, live with it.

1 Like

He wrote Europe not EU and Ukraine and it’s close to that. Also the game’s available in the Balkan countries and the Holy See so it’s not an EU release.

It’s not in the center of Europe either xD

It’s close to it. Ukraine’s neighbours Poland, Slovakia and Hungary are in Central Europe.

Geographical midpoint of Europe - Wikipedia - it’s literally in the middle of europe, just FYI

1 Like

thanks for replies, seems like i have no real choice here. sadge

Same thing in Georgia. I don’t get it how can mail ru have rights for these countries. Basically forcing us to play on Russian server or use VPN

This version of Lost Ark will be available in the following North America, Europe, Latin America, and Oceania regions:

Aland Islands (Finland), Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, The Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Faroe Islands (Denmark), Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar (UK), Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guernsey (UK), Guyana, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man (UK), Italy, Jamaica, Jersey (UK), Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, New Zealand, Nicaragua, North Macedonia, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Suriname, Svalbard & Jan Mayen (Norway), Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, and Venezuela.

If a region is not listed it is because we do not have the publishing rights for that region.

2 Likes