Making the gold BOUND

If RMT is the issue, why can’t we just make the gold BOUND like the silver is BOUND…? I totally believe that if the gold is BOUND the bots will be down to useless… Since the bots’ main purpose is to farm and sell gold as a result 3rd party RMT, then focus on that main purpose. If this happens, bots will disappear by itself without Lost Ark team doing bans manually. They will definitely just sell their accounts full of golds since they could not transfer gold anymore, just a thought.

3 Likes

So how people will trade?

1 Like

Remove trade system since there was no trade system since the beginning, all transactions will be done via Auction house. If they try to use Auction house as a way to do RMT (which they currently are doing), then it will be easy for Lost Ark team to track who are doing 3rd party RMT’s because of the insane price amount they put for a trash item. They can be considered as suspicious and both the buyer and the seller can get a ban. Hitting two birds with one stone.

If a player wants to send items to another player then they can make use of the mail system. However, they cannot send or request gold/silver through mail.

4 Likes

then RNG on items are lovely… thing to have? i don’t think this is a good idea :slight_smile:

its down to smilegate if they wanna implement anything to stop bots

I mean I don’t see which part it would make it a negative outcome to all players. This suggested solution would definitely remove bots and people who plans to buy gold from other people will now be thinking twice. I think this would only bring positive outcome both the community and to lost ark team.

They are not only going to remove bots but they are also going to remove RMT.

Unfortunately they do use the AH and it’s super obvious and nothing happens (at least they don’t tell us it happens).

In diablo immortal, transaction use a separate currency and you can’t trade “honing” materials or gear. It’s basically impossible for a bot to make money, so no bots.

It takes drastic changes

1 Like

This is pretty much what Black Desert had to do in the end, they removed pretty much all player trading and added a 30% tax to the market place to the seller unless they had a VIP pack active ( Crystal Aura in our case)

Then they also normalized the marketplace so people no longer could set prices, but things were just a flat rate that would go up and down a little, but nothing how it is now. This number was simply based on the supply of the item on the market at the time.

It wont make everyone happy, but it does work to cut down on bots a lot since it pretty much cripples their ability to swap money around without a loss, be it from the 30% tax, or the fact they would have to buy an Aura for each bot.

3 Likes

They are already using auction as main trading tool for RMT, bcuz mail is too dangerous… i not sure that u understand how its working at all…

I totally understand how Auction House RMT works, if you read my reply to you above properly then you wouldn’t be saying this… which you clearly didn’t read it at all…

Anyway, this proposal will definitely remove bots, RMT and high queues.
Everyone will not be happy about it but ask yourself this, would you rather prefer a server full of bots, RMT and high queues? knowing that a person who does bot earns more than someone who really is trying their best to earn money in game?

Bump

Bump

dude~r u actully serious, make the gold bound, is that all u got?

i bet u have never used the in-game acution, or perhaps u dont even know the existence of the in-game auction at all~

you are funny

Bump

clearly you have no idea how RMT works

Did you just read the title of this thread? because you obviously didn’t read my whole message thread, anyway for your sake I will post again what I said:

If they try to use Auction house as a way to do RMT (which they currently are doing), then it will be easy for Lost Ark team to track who are doing 3rd party RMT’s because of the insane price amount they put for a trash item. They can be considered as suspicious and both the buyer and the seller can get a ban. Hitting two birds with one stone.

If a player wants to send items to another player then they can make use of the mail system. However, they cannot send or request gold/silver through mail.

and you clearly didnt read much posts on forum yet. every day someone from amazon answers this auction RMT problem. they are saying they are trying to handle that. reality is they dont care that much. other servers have ways to stop RMT. gold debt system, perma bans for sellers etc. our region is just greedy. theres not a single system what can change their priorities.

If they would go this route, then sending items between alts should have the peon cost removed.

So at least, I can have lucky drops for a different character and transfer it.