Matchmaking failures!

fail
Picture speaks 1,000 words

1 Like

Hey @fenris, glad to have you around the forums :sparkler:

My apologies about the inconvenience you are experiencing with the matchmaking failures. Thanks for the screenshot btw.

I know this can sound like very basic troubleshooting but I have to discard possible issues. Did you already tried resarting the game and running an Steam file check for LA?

Are you experiencing this issue with your alters or just one character?

I’ll be tuned to your reply,

Regards. :balloon:

1 Like

Yes to all. And this isnt happening on just one computer. Its happening on 2 computers. And on all my characters.

fail 3

Redid all that just to make double sure i did it on this computer also… and this is the result…

fail 4

Thank you so much for checking the files and providing this information @fenris,

This issue could be related to a packet loss problem, if is possible please try to join the matchmaking using another internet connection (such as a mobile hotspot), also ,please lets try with this step to test your packet loss:

To discard this possible issue please go ahead with the packet loss. You can use various debugging tools to do this, including Packet Loss Test.

To test, go to https://packetlosstest.com/ and click the big Start Test button to start the test. Once the test is complete, the results are displayed.

See How to Fix Packet Loss – Packet Loss Test for information on resolving problems discovered in testing.

Also try this one:

Disable VPN or proxy services.

Ensure that you’re not using a VPN or Proxy while playing, they can cause connectivity issues such as high latency. We recommend disabling them temporarily while you play, to see if that resolves the issue.

If, after those steps you still experiencing the matchmaking failures issue I’ll ask you to please contact our colleagues in the customer support:

They will escalate a ticket to the dev team for further investigation and find a solution to this.
My apologies for the inconveniences this caused to you.

Let me know how it goes, hope you have a wonderful week,

Cheers. :sparkles:

1 Like

Guess ill have to just write a ticket :confused: thanks

this is happening to alot of us!

This is all we keep being told to do?

Many of us are having this exact same issue… Can this not be escalated in any meaningful way? Going through chat support is NOT a valid options as we have all heard nothing back trying that.

Mine ws escalated. They wrote me and told me the same thing as written above, and if i still have problems to write them back. I HAVE! MULTIPLE TIMES! THIS is just getting retarded!

1 Like

Hello,

This is from Amazon Customer Service.

It’s a pleasure of mine assisting you today with regards to your concern, Im sorry to hear about happened if its doing the same thing.

One of our colleague escalated the issue and we are still waiting for an update about it.

Thank you for bringing this problem up to our attention. I wanted to assure you that we put value on each of our customer’s concern and that this problem is being worked on. Cases such as this are rare, and our goal is to help resolve any problems you encounter as quickly as possible.

Be assured that we’ll continue working hard to ensure that you receive accurate service, and also to minimize the chances of anything like this occurring again.

We highly appreciate your support and patience while we looked into this and thanks a lot for the understanding displayed in our conversation.

I hope this information helps. We look forward to see you again soon.

We’d appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,
Dave

Amazon Game Studios

1 Like

I got something similar.

PVP is still not in the game after the update this morning.

1 Like

Even with a ticket submitted and reply, this is STILL an issue. It has literally been TWO WEEKS!!! and obviously MULTIPLE people have this problem. Can we get a solution soon so we can participate in ranked pvp… thanks

Just an update…

This email is regarding the connectivity issue that you are experiencing on Lost Ark while trying to enter matchmaking.

Thank you for trying the troubleshooting steps, I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing the issue.

The devs are aware of the situation, I advise you to monitor the official forums Official News - Lost Ark Forums for any updates about this issue.

Thank you for understanding.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

lol, we can’t even get a “Oh wow, sorry that you’re experiencing that! Please send your logs…”

3 weeks now and STILL no update/hotfix/or anything on this issue that is STILL a problem!

1 Like

MM Fails

AND… 3 weeks later… this is where we stand with an escalated ticket >.<

Just an update…

I tried the old uninstall/reinstall… still multiple failures!
So…dont waste the hour it takes to redownload the game, its useless.

Untitled

1 Like

Untitled

Untitled

And 30+ minutes later… were still in que with 20 failures and counting!

1 Like

I also have this issue. An additional piece of info: my competitive rank is in the toilet, somewhere around 700. I suspect that the system is refusing to match me against people with higher rankings, and people with equal rankings have quit.

System just needs a bottom tier, bottom 30% of players who get matched with each other regardless of tier, calculated every time matchmaking occurs, with a built-in luck mitigator (get failed once gives you a guaranteed spot next time.)

Something smilegate would have to do, but I feel it’s breaking competitive PVP for a lot of people who are giving up on being able to play.