Mini Freeze Following Death

At some point over the past couple weeks I’ve noticed that my game has begun freezing for 1 to 1.5 seconds each time I die. It’s not the end of the world, but it makes it kinda tough to figure out what it was that killed me which is frustrating. I played for about a month after launch where this was not an issue at all. The game otherwise runs at a smooth 60fps during virtually all content.

The only possible solution I can think of is “not to die”, but sadly I don’t see that happening anytime soon lol.

1 Like

Hello @Satherial,

Hope you are doing well! :slightly_smiling_face:

These kind of general issues with small lags and stuff can be rectified through the file integrity check for Lost Ark.

Use the steps mentioned in next post to do the same and then check if that helps your case.

See you in Arkesia! :magic_wand:

STEPS TO VERIFY FILES INTEGRITY:

1. Restart your computer and launch: Steam

2. Next, you can either right click the game in your Library, or click the gear icon from the game’s Library page on the far right

3. From the drop down menu, select Properties…

4. Select the Local Files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files Button

5. Steam will verify the game’s files - this process may take several minutes

Important:

One or more files may fail to verify.

This is normal for most Steam games. The files that fail to verify are local configuration files that should not be replaced as part of this process.

Warning:
Do not run the verification process while performing other system-intensive processes, such as defragmenting your hard drive or scanning for viruses.

Do not run this process for multiple games at the same time.

Thanks! I will give this a try tonight.

Hello,

I do this every time there’s a new patch and still have this issue constantly occur @RuthlessFalcon

can you please let your team know so they can investigate what’s the real cause behind this?

Every single player I know has this same issue and it’s quite infuriating considering that you’d have actually been able to dodge were it not for the game freezing.

Hello @shimmyx,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue similar to the one on this thread but I heavily suggest against replying on top of older posts in order to avoid having yours overlooked and also due to the fact several patches have been applied since this post was last replied to, possibly addressing the initial issue and even if yours seems similar, it may not be the same.

Please try the following troubleshooting guide as it contains several steps that may correct what you mention.

If on the other hand, you are looking to share your feelings or thoughts, I understand the points you make and remind you that you can share your thoughts and feelings in the Feedback section of the forums or you can also submit your valuable feedback by filing a web ticket here.

Hope this helps and see you in Arkesia! :wolf:

Hi,

I don’t know what kind of system specs you guys have, but this problem occurs in all mmos or games which are running Unreal Engine 3. This engine is just old and optimized to older systems. Newer systems have huge performance issues overall with this…

Thats why I still have 45-60 fps in Vykas sometimes. This game needs an overdue update from the ground up to UE4.

Specs:
Ryzen 9 5950x 4,4 ghz
RTX 3080ti
64GB DDR4 3800 mhz Ram

1 Like

This problem still occurs every time I die.

Yes

I have ‘similar’ specs, 3060, ryzen 5700, 16gb 3.6ghz ram, if it’s due to engine then ok, but none of the troubleshooting helps at all obviously

file integrity doesn’t do anything

have you tried with a different DX? maybe less FPS drops? idk