Multiple Accounts Allowed or Not?

I will pass that question up and get back to you!

2 Likes

Thanks for the response and your time! I am though very curious as to what the reasoning behind this is if we are able to play across multiple servers. I will continue to play on two servers. As far as I am aware this is something very common and very integral to the player driven economies on other regions. It also serves as a different way of playing the game allowing players to focus on what they enjoy doing in the game.

I have removed my comment but I’m almost positive that they said it differently before. (I’m not surprised by that lol)

As another user pointed out, they did say that you could have more than one account per household. There were concerns from players who lived together. (I’m one of those haha)
Perhaps it was that response?
Either way now we have our answer and I’ll wait on hearing the verdict about cross server auction house gold trading haha

Yeah same. Not really a big issue atm I’m just trying to get ahead where I can but as we get more power passes I’m sure more people will be talking about this.

Got an answer for you, i was told that since this is not the intention of the Auction House feature, it is not allowed.

Let me know if you need anything else!

4 Likes

Azanaa you are a star. Pinging @SmeagoLx too incase he misses your response.
:heart:

1 Like

I believe it’s so that players aren’t running the game on 2 accounts and then combining all resources earned into one account.

2 Likes

It’s really simple. Unfair advantages aren’t allowed.

1 Like

@Azanaa Thanks for the reply! Would I be able to mail items to myself from the other server? Wouldn’t be combining two accounts because it would be all from the same account.

It isn’t inherently unfair. The only other region that does not allow multiple accounts is Japan and it is for very different reasons other than this. Even on Japan, players do play on multiple servers instead of making multiple accounts and transfer over materials. Seems to be that Amazon’s version is the only one that will disallow this and it is and will be a big blow to the dedicated player base.

This is also a big way for F2P players to triumph in Lost Ark. Putting in more hours and grinding is not unfair. For a lot of people that’s what the MMO genre is all about.

Keep justifying. Just don’t be surprised if your account gets locked or banned.

I am simply trying to start a conversation around the subject. I have not nor will I send anything to myself from a different server.

I have went through all of the Terms of Service and at no point in time did I come across a section that limits how many accounts a player is allowed to have, as well as one that states the intended use of the Auction House.

If you could provide an article with a code or section that I have miss that verifies this, that would be greatly appreciated.

The reality is I don’t honestly think you can even track that let alone stop it.

With VPNs and a F2P game, and the lack of resource options for income in game atm…

You guys are pretty much asking for people to do this, and I already know plenty of people who are doing this ONLY to counter the lack of natural Income for Silver and Gold atm in game.

You guys may want to take this a bit more serious and introduce more methods of income sooner then later, because telling people not to do something that I am pretty sure isn’t trackable is like asking a Kid not to eat candy from a jar nobody is looking at… like c’mon

1 Like

In my comment above yours, I have gone through the ToS and can’t find anywhere that states you are limited to only one account.

It may be in there, however I can’t find it after re-reading it three times. I feel as though this is a statement of them not wanting someone to use the auction house like this as it may flag you under RMT rather than you actually rule breaking. Due to laziness they don’t want to be responsible for false bans in the future which is why they would state this.

I am not encouraging anyone to break the rules.

I’m merely just wanting more clarification on where it exactly lists what the intended use of the auction house is verbatim and where it states limitation of how many accounts are allowed.

I mean the gymnastics they would have to do to prove that you are running multiple accounts is endless.

If I have account A running on 1 Computer, and account B on another computer, but I am playing both. They have no way of knowing that… like it is impossible, It could be my wife… or my kid… or my Dog…

There are no limits on what Account A can do with Account B since they have no way of proving if 2 people are playing those accounts or 1…

I mean Im just breaking it down to basics here… who knows what they could spin to say you can’t do that… but I mean c’mon…

To add into this… what if you run a PC cafe, now you have 100 accounts all playing from 1 area… are they going to flag all those accounts as bots, or RMT accounts…

Like they honestly don’t have any iron clad way to prove you are breaking the EULA unless you are flat out cheating or boting… but that Grey area in there with account trading… yeah, that is danger zone for them and they don’t want to deal with it if they can avoid it. If making multiple accounts gets out to be the best way to make gold and silver… everyone who is serious about this game will do it, if they have not already.

That’s my point, I can’t find it even in the EULA that says you are breaking anything by doing it.

Thank you for your due diligence and taking this seriously! I also noticed this but was asking for clarification so if I do end up playing on two accounts and I get banned, I have atleast some confirmation from someone at the company.