NEW? ways for "casuals" to get relic set materials

Could you simply allow casual players multiple ways to obtain relic set materials (at a much slower acquisition pace than legion raid players) thru other activities without requiring “pugging” legion raids?

Going from preordained to relic gear requires this game to be a second job and the toxicity in 3 out of 4 pugs ruins the game experience for some.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

EDIT: I would like to continue to grow my characters with new sets and powers before quitting the game out of frustration with pugs.

7 Likes

you buy a bus. problem solved.

3 Likes

Would rather do daily activities to reward my time commitment than pay someone.

The game is amazing up to Vargos gate 1 and then you just run out of things to do to progress (even at a slow pace) for casuals.

1 Like

not gonna happen. if you dont like legion raids, it’s better to play another game.

2 Likes

Legion raids are just geared for hardcore try-hards and people who can spend 6-8 hours learning fights. Some of us love the game, have lives, families and responsibilities.

They can create even harder modes for those of you who like to bang your heads against a wall for 8 hours, why not have a path for those who prefer to chill, relax and go slow.

9 Likes

i would love to have that as well, just saying this is not what’s going to happen for LoA. As said in a previous post, shoehorning everyone through the same content is not going to please everyone and making it the single source for advancement is plain stupid. but hey, (some) people still play…

I was in a top WOW raiding guild for 10 years and played WOW for 15+ years once I came to Lost Ark I found my love. It’s such a superior game. I would just like to have a path thru grinding and playing casual to never stop progressing.

Whales and hardcore raiders will always have the top gear and be able to say look at me - I am so cool. I don’t need that but I want a reason to keep playing, after Argos gear, it’s hard core raiding or nothing. The horizontal stuff is all done.

1 Like

"we need new ways to obtain gold. give everyone who is not generating gold ~50k per week (which is much slower acquisition pace than other players) thru other activities without spending time in “contents”?

farming for gold requires this game to be a second job and the toxicity in community ruins the game experience for some.

I would like to continue to grow my characters with gold before quitting the game out of frustration with contents.

Would rather do daily activities to reward my time commitment than spend time on contents that take more than 5 minutes.

The game is amazing up to T3 and then you just run out of things to do to progress (even at a slow pace) for non hardcore gold grinders.

contents are just geared for hardcore try-hards and people who can spend hours playing the game. Some of us love the game, have lives, families and responsibilities.

They can create even more time consuming modes for those of you who like to bang your heads against a wall for 8 hours, why not have a path for those who prefer to chill, relax and go slow."

you see how it sounds?

on the other hand, the focus should be on adding actual horizontal contents for those who enjoy these. Lifeskills, islands, and things we have atm are literally just half-assed quality gatekeepers of regular progression. Add some kind of indicator other than ilvl roster lvl combat lvl that can be achieved with doing these horizontal contents that are separate from main progression.

i myself enjoy horizontal content that does not really add anything to vertical gameplay but gives satisfaction and another sense of fun. those in Lost Ark are just subpar and I would even say they are trash

I am not talking about farming gold I am talking about farming relic set materials.

horizontal content isnt really horizontal since harcore will want every last stat point… so LoA is really just a hard core grind fest… wake up and smell the humus

I agree it’s a grind fest for try-hards and people without jobs, etc.

The problem is for people who don’t care for the toxicity of legion raid pugging you run out of things to do as you can’t upgrade your gear into relic.

i know what you mean but my point is that

“I don’t like this content so please add new way to not do it but get reward from those” statements are just plain ignorant. It is an MMO

Adding on, IF there is a way to do so, what’s the point of the raid and getting gears and getting ilvls up? they do that, and the game suddenly becomes click simulator, literally

I think you are missing my point.

I play with people every day doing my dailies on 4 characters every day (dungeons, raids (not legion,etc.)…it’s the legion raids to get relic materials is where the game gets toxic. Up to legion raids the game is a complete joy to play even with others.

Create a way to get relic materials at a much slower pace for people who simply want to play in a non-toxic environment.

do you ever imagine theres someone out there with arguments exactly same as yours but their issue is something else? (for example, gold as i’ve said before)

if that happens what makes your opinion so special and different so it is worth listening to compared to gold argument?

sad to say this, but it’s one of the core essence of Lost Ark. You don’t like it, then it means you don’t like the game. It doesn’t work that way. It’s like saying life is all fun and amazing things except you need food/money to survive, please give me everything for free because I love it other than that.

I am sure people have lot’s of complaints, mine isn’t gold.

I just want to be able to progress my character into relic sets at a much slower pace than hardcore gamers going the legion raids path.

My idea doesn’t hurt anyone, I will never have 5x3 with grudge etc. (can’t afford gold books and that type of gear) but I get to keep building out my character and play forever.

now I wonder, why do you want to progress if you never want to play legion raids?

1 Like

But the hard content will remain and you can keep doing that because you like it. What they are saying is causal content that allows vertical progression. No one said click simulator, that’s just being extreme. You won’t have to bother with the casual content because you like the hard content. But that’s not good enough for many because they’d rather gatekeep and exclude people from vertical progression. It’s not that the raids are fun it’s that they are too hard for many and exclusionary and that’s what players like about them. The “I can do it and you can’t” mentality.

The issue is that u really only need legion upgrades to do legion raid. Other people have to practice each legion raid to gear and progressively get better. If you take that out you have a bunch of “never raided in my life” people at brel trapping people for eternity.

The other thing is you can still vertically progress through just straight honing to keep ilvl. Maybe itll be slower if we’re talking past the brel transition but isnt that what youre asking? A slower upgrade route?

1 Like

Hard playing a game every day and not going anywhere.

I have successfully done Valtan hard G1&G2 and Vykas G1 normal, but it’s painfully hard in pugs and would prefer a way to get some mats each week that didn’t involve toxicity.

As I mentioned, I did hardcore raiding in wow for 10+ years…that part of my life is over and if I could go back I would never have spent that much time playing a game.

I just like to have a bourbon every night and blow shit up…LA helps me do that.

I guess I am begging for a reason to keep playing now that I have to make choice between my family (kids) and a video game (hardcore legion raids). I would like to be able to both, as I Iove them both.

1 Like

LoA isnt the only game to get that kind of escape. realistically speaking, here won’t be any other way to get your mats, other than legion raids. that won’t change. valtan hard bus is around 1k to 1.5k. vyk is 3k to 3.5k, which still leaves you with gold to spare after taking the bus… you get your mats and you ignore the raids… or you hop on another game and blow stuff up there…^^