Oreha Hard entry count exceeded due to a bug

Hello,

today i lost the entry count for Oreha Preveza (Hard). I was in a party and we did Aria’s Oculus (Hard) just fine but when i tried to launch Oreha Preveza (Hard) it kicked me out of the party finder and put me in the dungeon by myself.

It said: Exiting Dungeon shortly (Left Party) like 5-7 times and kicked me out of the dungeon without any of my party members ever loading in with me.

It was the first time my Bard entered those dungeons and now being locked out and only getting the rewards for one dunegon instead of both is really frustrating.

Server: Danube
Character: Verizita

Hello @LtPepp Welcome to the forums!

I am sorry to hear about the issue with the second dungeon kicking you from the party while it was loading, currently we are unable to issue items or re-entry tickets back to your character, only the automated system is able to send you a re-entry ticket to your in game mail within 24 hours of the error, if you don’t receive a re-entry ticket within those 24 hours you will need to wait for the next weakly reset, I am sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

Here is a link to the original post regarding the automated system:

Hope you have a great rest of your day.

I had the exact same issue with my berserk in Aria’s Oculus Hard.

I didnt got any Ticket back, and the support said. If the System has not detected you than it was not an server issue. Play it again next week.

I hope you dont have the same status like me. i am really upset for now.
Can you please write here if you get your entry back from this great Auto System?

Thank you!

BR Smiagul

i will check later today and let you know. i do not have high hopes though…

same bug happens twice now and no reentry ticket… this system dont work

no ticket yet. will update 1 more time when its been 24h but yeah…

happened to me in valtan hard, 24 hrs later no ticket lol the system doesnt work

last update: over 36 hours now and no ticket. so i guess this bug does not qualify me for a re-entry ticket or the system…doesnt work :slight_smile: