Please Reconsider Oceania Servers

Made an account just to post here, +1 for OCE servers. Lotta OCE out there interested in the game but won’t be willing to play on high ping.

4 Likes

I agree with pretty much all the points being brought up in this thread. With the closed beta now underway, it’s very likely they’ll have their hands more than full with that and so I don’t expect that we’ll receive any update until after the beta ends.

For everyone reading this thread in the interim, if you haven’t yet shown your support for local Oceanic servers, please do so by adding your +1 or throwing in your 2 cents! They may need to review the situation after the beta ends and so will need to know just how many of us there are that absolutely need this!

7 Likes

+1

3 Likes

+1

4 Likes

https://chng.it/6946LdVY4m
Don’t forget to sign the petition here too!

5 Likes

Time to take us seriously, Amazon.

We want to play the game as the developers intended it to be played. We need reasonable time to react in PvE. We need an equal opportunity to respond to a bosses’ choreographed attacks and AoEs. We would like to be able to queue multiple consecutive inputs, and for them to register properly.

Many of us have found some success in PvP with 150-350ms latency; pushing a boulder up a mountain. However, you are fundamentally hamstrung and Lost Ark; the #2 game in Korea right now, is set to be an Esport. With all other variables being equal; skill, gear, power level, game knowledge etc, a player with lower ping will win more often.

Timing, juking, predicting, reacting, bluffing, double bluffing, out maneuvering and out performing, require low latency.

In CS:GO we saw a fiery twitter exchange between Optic Gaming and ATL FaZe. Optic had to play on a disadvantageous server, even though the server selection error was not their fault. Optic played on 33ms compared to FaZe’s 11ms, and FaZe stomped them 3:0.

While other factors probably contributed to the loss, the 22ms difference was enough to make quite a splash. If 22ms can cause such problems in a competitive game-type, then Oceanic - North American latency will be especially unplayable in Lost Ark PvP.

So why should an Australian dedicated server be considered?

Blizzard’s WoW did it
Amazon’s New World did it
Jagex’s Runescape did it
Square Enix’s FFXIV is doing it
Kakao’s Archeage is doing it
Entrepid’s Ashes of Creation is doing it

Recently, Amazon responded to an unpredictably large Australian gaming population, who were literally chomping at the bit for a local MMO experience, and are also known for having a decent amount of disposable income to spend on cosmetics.

“Amazon launch 21 additional Australian servers”
“The servers are nowhere near as bad compared to yesterday, as there is no Utopia 25k player queue anymore. In fact, Utopia is the first server to reveal the New World 25k player queue cap.” - Craig Robinson link to article
Not convinced low ping is required to be competitive in Lost Ark? 3v3 Tournament Scrims

23 Likes

Great post CHazz

5 Likes

There is a ton of people in Australia that playing games, you can see numbers from the WoW servers all these years that have been on and all the other MMORPG communities.

Give us the tools to enjoy the game at its best and not being chained by latency and have to think 5 moves ahead in PvP, to do the same thing someone without ping issue has to.

+1 for OCE servers

Please sign the petition!!

5 Likes

FYI Chazz, one more to add to the list; Kakao Games are also doing it now. They just announced they are officially supporting Oceania as one of the main regions when they take ownership of ArcheAge and overhaul it for a global release.

More details in December, but just another example to add, if you’d like.

3 Likes

Is this confirmed? I thought they just said they were taking over publishing which may or may not go anywhere.

+1 btw, Australian who would buy the Platinum bundle and would treat this game like a subscription MMO. However without an Oceanic server, I don’t think I can justify spending enough time or money to make it my main game. I hope this can change in time.

4 Likes

its about 188 - 203ms (red) for me in au… really hope they eventually open at lease one oce server

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m hoping they don’t just do what a lot of bad MMOs did where they just change the colour for 200+ ping (i.e. make it yellow or green, rather than red) to try to trick people into thinking they have good ping

3 Likes

1 server probs wont be enough, seeing alot of Aussies in the server I’m currently playing on,

3 Likes

We desperately need an OCE server, I have so many friends who were keen to party up and get into it.

4 Likes

+1

4 Likes

bumping this. AGS server infrastructure already exists in Sydney and every other competitor has or is getting OCE servers. I don’t want Lost Ark to lag behind.

4 Likes

If New World can do it, amazon can help us out here.

4 Likes

+1 please. 200ms makes it feel clunky.

3 Likes

Just purchased the platinum founders and a bit sad to see no OCE servers in the works, given New World already has servers in Sydney surely it isn’t too much to ask for Lost Ark to have servers here too?

4 Likes

Well with a full 15 hours gameplay in this closed beta on the NA West server, I will have to be fully honest with all of you. I have not experienced much problems with bugs besides the one time I alt tabbed and crashed my game. Ping/ ms was a solid 150-170ms connection, I have noticed I do have a slight delay when fighting a boss and missing my dodges and it does feel slightly off, like I know that if I were to play on an OCE Server It’ll feel way smoother. That was it :neutral_face: Otherwise I have been enjoying the game so far, 100% god honest truth, I think I can enjoy my time on a NA West server long enough to wait for a OCE server to come out.
(Still would love a OCE Server on launch :P)

2 Likes