Please stop talking about DPS meters, they don't matter

Lfr and normal are what the vast majority of WoW players are in.

LFR is a literal button click to queue, doesn’t count. Normal pugs use it too. And I know this because my raid leader used logs for a Denathrius and Sylvanas normal when those were current.

Yes, there’s nothing wrong with using logs.

Trixion is far from a meme. If I just followed maxroll or YouTube guides for my character I would have been doing extremely suboptimal damage through the entirety of my leveling experience on many of my characters as those guides are crafted for Korean endgame.

I was able to find the optimal build as I leveled by spending hours in there. It’s a fantastic tool. It works as a great guide in determining whether an upgrade is worth investing in or even if it is an upgrade for that matter. It allows me to see how my character is growing as I increase ilevel and obtain new armor. Most importantly it’s great for helping you choose which engravings and stats to prioritize.

I think it’s more useful than a report that would tell me if I was knocked down. I know if I’m knocked down, it’s one of the most negatively impactful things that can happen and a report doesn’t fix that. A log doesn’t tell me why I was knocked down or how to fix it. Repetition by playing the game does.

Being able to see how many times you completed a rotation is also pretty irrelevant as random boss behavior changes how you play and many classes don’t have a fixed rotation. It also changes depending on how quickly a boss is killed.

Will DPS meters show how many times I was targeted by Valtan for the 4 axe smash mechanic? Or if I got targeted by the red cone mechanic? The prison mechanic along with 3 others? If i was the target of the fear mechanic from gate 1?

Those mechanics will lower my DPS man.

1 Like

bussers? if you are carrying, you and whoever is driving should be capable and know eachother, and have done this so many times, what the logs are for here?

This isn’t true at all. Picking up co-drivers in bussing communities is pretty popular. Especially on your alts. It’s not easy finding the best time to sell as you mostly have to sell at times that work best for everyone, and at a time where there are no other groups selling so you don’t have to undercut each other to nothing. Static groups for bussing just aren’t consistent. I picked up some randoms to bus HValtan yesterday in a co-driver lfg because no one I knew was on. Consider joining one of the bus stations if you have similar struggles. Lost Ark Bus Stations Mega Thread

Lul, throw ambush master on wardancer then I guess. As that dramatically outperforms adrenaline in trixion.

Trixion offers very little in terms of comparing engravings or optimizing builds in real time fights. I would guarantee you that you aren’t counting how many times you get knocked down or how many times you make a mistake in your rotation.

Btw logs do tell you exactly when and how you were knocked down. When doing prog, it’s very nice to have because you can see what you’re getting consistently hit by.

Literally yes lul. It breaks down the fight by boss movement and ability usage.

It also tells you when you get hit by said ability.

You really don’t see the relevancy of testing builds there? Or are you trolling? I honestly can’t tell here. So you can perfectly tell what stat and engraving combinations provide the best output just by playing? If so you should make YouTube videos doing this, you would get thousands of views and help so many players.

So if I’m a 1300 Deadeye what stat spread and engravings do I want?

No, I don’t count how many times I was knocked down. That is pretty pointless. I learn why I was knocked down and I try to avoid it in the future. Knowing how many times I was knocked down does absolutely nothing for me. If I was knocked down I know I messed up. Period.

This isn’t World of Warcraft where you have a tank holding aggro and you spam a rotation with tab targeting combat against a predictable target. This is an action game. You react to the bosses actions, not a cast bar and notifications from deadly boss mods. A completely different ballpark.

You’re deluded thinking I said you don’t use trixion at all.

The game is an action game yes, in WoW the tanks take boss autos lol. There’s 50x more mechanics on raid bosses in WoW that require player interaction as well as constant movement and interruptions in your rotation. Optimizing around that is what makes it fun.

You probably watched molten core which is an 18 year old raid.

So what are you using Trixion for if not this?

Depending on your class certain engravings are inflated or deflated in trixion, namely things like master brawler and ambush master.

Increase mass in trixion will perform worse then cursed doll on a swiftness class.

With 4 piece support relic support set increase mass increase performs better in a real encounter.

Adrenaline downtime is a huge DPS loss, as a lot of sub 50% Crit builds use it. In trixion you aren’t able to see said downtime as there’s no mechanics (valtan counter cutscene/getting knocked etc) that interrupt it’s uptime.

Awakening 2 on Dom fang builds performs better than kbw in trixion, not the case on certain fights where you can line up the downtime like Brel and Kakul.

The list continues as to how trixion can bait players into wrong decisions lul.

I don’t think anyone questions how uptime on various positionals can change your damage. People have the capacity to understand that nuance.

Trixion is actually exactly where I learned how both adrenaline and preordained armor crit build up have a noticeable effect on damage and how it would precisely apply to mechanics. I was able to see exactly how the damage from adrenaline compares to other engravings solely due to the existence of Trixion. You do realize that you don’t have to only run a 3 minute damage test? You can simulate various scenarios.

Everything you listed can be taken into account and weighed. The idea is to give players the knowledge to create a general build for a variety of scenarios, not to give players the need to build for every single one.

Oh, do these meters already exist?

You cannot weight a real time fight in trixion.

You cannot apply group synergy in trixion.

You cannot calculate how effective ambush master vs a non positional engraving is on a real fight without running into skewed evidence as it relies entirely on play.

You can try to claim as much as you want a literal target dummy can show you how to optimize a build but that is absolutely not the case. So many MMOs out there with logs prove that lul.

You’re so right, no one’s been able to complete any content because logs aren’t available.

Myself or anyone has never improved their output because of Trixion. You’re just right. Well that’s that. We can wrap it up here guys. We must as well delete it! “Lul”

1 Like

That was never the point, it’s not to say the content is incompletable without logs. The point is that logs enrich the PvE experience.

I also never said trixion didn’t have its niche, it’s certainly not an acceptable parsing tool though lol. Same tech was out in 2006.

So, let me get this straight.

KR/RU/JP players can clear legion raids without DPS meter no problem.

However, NA/EU players need to cry for DPS meter just to do legion raid? I would assume the term “get good” is appropriate then.

2 Likes

Sorry but why does anyone has issue with a dps meter? If you are good you won’t be getting denied or flamed because of it and if you are bad you deserve it anyway so what’s the difference? And about gatekeeping, yes obviously, noone wants deadweights or floor enjoyers in their group

1 Like

Just use them and dont tell anyone.

If it’s for personal progression what’s the problem.