Punika free powerpass not in mail after Berver's Friend quest complited

Hi guys, is it possible to haven’t recieved the free Punika power pass eaven after compliting the Berver quest on 3 character (one is the hyper express one).
I think is related to the remove of the paid powerpass but i appreciate some feedback from mod or fellow players, thanks.

Hello @Maximilian900

Welcome to the Lost Ark Forums community. We are glad to have you here with us.

I’m sorry about the missing Punika Pass. The reason that the Punika pass is not reflecting in your account is because all the Powerpasses have been disabled for the time being.

I request you to wait until the Powerpasses are re-enabled and your Punika Powerpass should reflect on your account after that.

I also request you to check the Official News - Lost Ark Forums for any update regarding the issue.

I hope this helps. Have a good one. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Is berver’s friend powerpass a one time thing? or can you earn it with multiple characters? I just completed the quest but haven’t received a powerpass

Hello @bofi111,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue similar to the one on this thread but I heavily suggest against replying on top of older posts marked as solved in order to avoid having yours overlooked.

It is important to point out that you can only receive one free Power Pass of each kind and cannot get another after that. These were disabled for a while as you can see in this post:

The roll out for the Punika Growth Pack was concluded on August 19th and all free power passes should now be available. If you are missing any of these and meet qualification criteria, please submit your data via the following link for review Contact Us | Amazon Games. (Do not post it in the forums).

I will close this thread to avoid multiple entries on the same matter.

Good luck and see you in Arkesia! :wolf: