"Purchase Failed" error, zero help from CS tickets

Hello,

I have been getting the “Purchased Failed” error message when trying to purchase the 12,00 RC. This ONLY happens for that purchase. I can make any other at a lower amount. This just started this week, I’ve made many purchases since launch.

I have done every single technical troubleshooting I can find with this problem (Steam overlay, validating files, etc etc.) and it still does not fix the issue. Another person in my guild, that also makes frequent purchases, said this is likely a fraud check and I will need to give the okay that I’ve made a number of purchases lately.

The issue is that when I submit a ticket, I’m getting horrible customer service and canned answers. They aren’t even attempting to read my ticket, to which I provide screenshots and details.

Please assist here. This game cannot stay alive without people like me wanting to give you money. Why are you making it so difficult?

Does your account have “trusted” status in Lost Ark? Are you able to trade and send mail to other players ect?

Untrusted accounts have purchase limitations placed on them. Seem to recall you are limited to like $50(or less) purchases.

If you have already have steam overlay enabled and are sure that there is no issue with your payment this is most likely the problem.

If you are curious if you have already achieved this on the steam side you can check by going to the support page:

At the top of the page if you see the following highlighted in red you will need to follow the instructions.

If you do not see that then your account should be fine on the steam side.

Also note that this now requires steam guard to be enabled and linked to a mobile device (Not an email)

Sometimes this gets screwed up on the lost ark side though and some players are unable to get trusted status for one reason or another.

Thanks for all the advice here.

I’m trusted. I’ve been purchasing packs 1-2/week since launch. This just started happening.

I went through all the technical troubleshooting steps before posting.

It’s not an issue with payment. I even went and purchased steam gift cards with said payment then loaded my wallet. Still won’t work with a fully loaded wallet.

AGS needs to unblock me.

ive had this issue before and i resolved it by verifying game files after that it worked fine.

sounds like a weird bug id say if all fails try to reinstall the game might fix it but not 100% sure

Yeah I’ve done the file validation a couple times. I haven’t reinstalled though, I could try that.

Where is customer service on this?

Bump for customer service. Need this resolve, has been going on for too long.

That is unfortunate.

What did support tell you in the tickets you submitted? assuming no CS members are available on the forums to assist you with this I would advise opening a new ticket and linking them to this thread. Explain the situation and that previous tickets failed to resolve anything and ask to have your ticket elevated.

You need to open a ticket with Steam, they need to verify your payment info and verify it’s you. Once they do it’ll work for you again.

1 Like

Are you using PayPal by any chance?
I kept getting the same exact issue, and just started using my bank on Steam purchases.
I looked it up while I was experiencing the issue, and it seemed to be common for years with PayPal and Steam.
I used PayPal the first 6mos w/out issues, and it just started this past month.

No, I’m not. I have even tried loading STEAM gift cards so my wallet has a balance and no go.

Most of them are giving me canned answers as if Im asking for refund, which I am not.

Why would I be able to purchase the 49.99 pack but not the 99.99 due to an issue with Steam?

I don’t know the reason, I just had the same problem myself.

1 Like

Hello @Reelen and thank you all for your valuable input on this matter,

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with this purchase. Whenever an amount limit such as the one you mention comes up, this has to do with validation from Steam which, unfortunately, we cannot override or perform on our end. I suggest checking with Steam again as to what may be causing this purchase limit to have kicked in at this time.

Additionally, please note that you need to have completed both of the following In order to keep your account trusted: you will need to have performed a purchase(s) for at least $5 (less than a year ago), where sometimes Steam will require a period of 30 days to have passed from the date of the purchase. You will also need to set up the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator specifically for this status update to take place.
How to set up Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator

Please note it may still take several hours for your account to become ‘Trusted’ after activating two-factor mobile authentication for the first time and up 30 days depending on Steam’s clear time.

Good luck! :wolf:

Thanks, Steam has release whatever hold they had on. I had been purchasing quite a bit lately so they wanted to make sure it was all valid. I didn’t realize that would stop any purchases at the 99.99 bucket even if I already had money loaded on my steam account.

1 Like