Region Prices adjustment

Hello, I would like to know if you will adjust the price of the store according to regions.
The price of Crystalline in my country (Brazil) is unaffordable. R$56,00 is too much, take Final Fantasy for example, their subscription is R$28,99 here.
The skins are also very expensive, usually we find skins in the Brazilian market for about R$40-60.00 and Lost Ark gave is for over R$100.00!
I just wanted to point this out because there must be more people interested in spending on the game, but not for these values. It is better for you 5 people buying Crystalline for $29.00 than 2 buying for $56.00, just do the math, the same goes for all the rest of the content of the store.
Hope this reaches you.

3 Likes

I feel the very same way and I’m in the States… so I really empathize with you considering prices are likely even more ridiculous for y’all. I just don’t understand their thought process here…? I would gladly spend money on some of these things IF I felt like I was getting enough for it…. But the way things are now, I probably won’t be spending a dime. I mean, it makes no sense. Seems like they would be better off selling more items for less, and thus encouraging many more people to buy…. Rather than fewer items for more than discourages people from buying at all. Not logical at all.

1 Like

oh even in the States things are expensive? Yeah, strategically thinking it doesn’t make sense selling for a higher price but fewer people lol. Like I said, they would make much more money selling Crystalline for R$29,00 to 5 people (R$145) than R$56,00 to 2 (R$112).
I really hope this reaches them. More people would have to voice this too tho.

1 Like

Strategically it does make sense as you will find out later on when we reach certain point.

Well I disagree completely and don’t see at all how selling someone no cosmetic for $20 each is better than selling 3/$20 and far more people actually spending money on them.

I have a budget for what I’ll spend on this type of stuff regardless, but the expensive prices make me actually spend nothing due to it feeling exploitative. How is that more profitable for them?

2 Likes

The target audience is not the person who will spend a few quids now and then.

Yeah I too went to a Michelin 2 Star restaurant. Asked for a menu, looked at the prices… and called the waiter over to express how displeased i was with the fact that I cannot afford this ridiculous prices. Ofc the waiter immediatly informed the Front of House Manager. The moment the manager heard that i found the prices too expensive they decided to give me everything for 10% of the price and some things even free.

^ This is your logic.

Something that you would never do in real life, just because u have a “pseudo”- annonimity on the internet doesnt mean u should start this oral diarhorrea. Heres some toilet paper.

Cheers.

These are digital goods and it’s disingenuous to compare them to physical goods or services. The goal is more revenue, and it’s simple economics and common sense. If providing more goods for less costs you nothing, then you would make more money by providing more.

Zero marginal cost refers to when the cost to produce each additional unit of a good or service approaches zero .

2 Likes

Trust me, there are people stupid enough to pay far more than that. I was playing PoE and was browsing skins. I kept looking at the prices and I was in absolute disbelief. There are skins that cost $85!!! I’m not even kidding. Then I saw lots of people running around with various wings - had a look in the store - $64!

I can understand wanting to support the developers but this… Sanity has limits, insanity doesn’t.

2 Likes

Yeah, completely. I don’t get salty about it having expensive items. That honestly doesn’t bother me as long as it’s not pushed to pay to win territory. And I’m pretty pleased that they’ve mostly stayed away from that model. I have no issue with them allowing whales to buy things to show their “status” that I may not care to buy. That style of play is just not for me, and like you I think a lot of it actually borders on insanity, but I think that approach just fine to bring in income for the game/devs and hopefully facilitates good content updates. What I do have a problem with is making EVERYTHING on the cash shop so expensive. It doesn’t make me upset, I just don’t see any logic in it and don’t think it’s serving the devs or the community very well. I don’t have unrealistic expectations and I’m a fan of the game…. But let’s not act like this doesn’t ring of exploitation.

1 Like

slow clap

Strategically it does make sense as you will find out later on when we reach certain point.

If you are thinking cash grab strategy, yeah. But on the long run, no. It’s actually kind of scary when games opts for aggressive monetization because 90% of the time means they don’t intend the game to live that long and as far as I’ve seen, Lost Ark have all the potential to live for some years.

Some examples of games that took the aggressive path and you know how their story went (probably):

• Archeage
  • Tree of Savior
  • Bless Online and Bless Unleashed
  • All Lineage 2 and Aion variants (like Classic and Aden)
  • Revelation
  • Astellia
  • Skyforge

The list can go on if you want…

2 Likes

Yeah but there are also plenty of examples that survived while applying this strategy.
Don’t get me wrong I understand what you mean but let’s not lie to ourselves about what’s the main mission here ;D

bro, when you are talking Gatcha it’s one thing. Or even supplies like Battle Items or Trade Potions in Lost Ark, that I can understand, because players who wants them will have to constantly buy them, independently of time or quantity.
But subscription and skins are very different economically speaking.
Skins are a 1 time purchase, like I said before: better 5 players buying for a reduced price thus actually making more money than 2 players buying for a high price. Just do the math, it’s simple 5x40 is 200, 2x80 is 160.
It’s the same principle for subscription, better keep getting monthly 5x15 (75) than 2x30 (60).
You don’t have to be an economist to understand how that works. Hope this explanation helps you.

1 Like

Same think Turkey Region 12k crystal taking from my salary 22.7% no possible to buy something need to fix

Even because I thought there would be price regionalization, I only bought the bronze pack, so far I don’t understand why there hasn’t been a clearer position from amazon in relation to this. For Brazil these prices are out of our reality.

Pretty common for American companies. They usually alwS also.do $=€ prices which is just a joke

right? Final Fantasy 14 have a pretty good price for us and the game is getting better every time. I really hope amazon see this and consider regional prices, as the guy said above, even other countries are suffering from this.
funny thing is, most of us are actually whiling to spend money on this game, but not for the current prices.
problem is the white knights defending the game that even they can’t spend money on lol

2 Likes

let’s just keep hope bro haha maybe it’s a launch inflation system idk. but i do hope they adjust it

1 Like

need to fix prices

1 Like