Should this be fixed in your opinion? Getting double the rewards from founders pack bug (possibly exploitable) - NOT ME

edit: Not sure if this is an exaggeration, but I’ve heard of people getting upwards of 10 duplicate platinum packs with a single code

Someone in discord pasted this twitch clip describing how he was able to get double the rewards from his founders packs, do you think this should be fixed?

8 Likes

AGS Code of Conduct states the following:

3. Play fair
Do: play within the rules of the game.
Do not: exploit bugs or other unintended uses of game features.
Do not cheat, bot, hack, or use other software or services that give you an unfair advantage through, for example, unattended gameplay or game modifications.
Do not engage in real-money trading of in-game items and in-game currencies.
We reserve the right to determine what constitutes unfair play and to take corrective action we deem appropriate.

7 Likes

no cause every1 who bought founders pack should get all things an every char

14 Likes

I would prefer that too because i messed up with it, but i think this is still an exploit correct me if im wrong.

2 Likes

What’s your opinion on this matter @Roxx

I can almost guarantee this will be both fixed and removed from all players exploiting it. Possibly banned depending on if they did it purposefully

This happened to me as well, when I received a notification from the cash mall. I basically started redeeming (although quite surprised) and then thought something was off. I stopped and then started deleting them but it won’t let me delete the pet box.

I’ll gladly get in contact with a game dev to help delete what I redeemed from the duplicate, because that got me seriously spooked. So indeed, I’d very much like this case to be resolved as soon as possible.

1 Like

@Roxx Not sure if this is an exaggeration, but I’ve heard of people getting upwards of 10 duplicate platinum packs with a single code. Also apologies for the frequent tagging, but I just want verification that you’ve seen this issue. Once you verify, I’ll no longer tag you unless there’s a new glaring update regarding the matter

No worries – this issue is fixed and players are no longer receiving duplicate packs

6 Likes

May we have some insight as to what’s going to be done to the items and currency that is already circulating?

If information has been posted elsewhere I do apologize in advance, and I do understand bugs and stuff like this happening however the big thing is how a company handles things like this.

To clarify, so the people who happened to ‘luck out’ get to keep their 10x rewards?

4 Likes

I’m also really curious as to what will be done about this. If there’s no deletion of the duplicate items, everyone who didn’t abuse this will feel cheated. There are people with plat skins on every class running around. It’s also gonna cheapen its perceived value and rarity as well. Of course, don’t punish people for a bug, but also leaving the duplicate items as is would be really unacceptable.

2 Likes

I honestly could care less about the items the people have, as long as they can’t be traded or resold, bully for them. However, ruining an economy from day 1 based off some coding issue or server issue isn’t alright.

The value of the founders editions just went way down in my book, and I’m sure I can’t be the only one who feels that way.

2 Likes

Good old AGS. Any1 remember thr gold dupe bugs in NW?

Sure this willl be fixed, but dont see them actualy removing the additional packa from players^^

2 Likes

I’m hoping smilegate has a say in the matter too

Of course it should get fixed, it’s exploiting and unfair advantage for everyone else lol

1 Like

Both the plat skins and lawmaker ones are tradable, I believe. So this will not only mess up the market, but also drive the skins’ value to the ground. Anyone who didn’t exploit this will end up with worthless skins that they will see everyone using (even though they paid 100 euros/dollars thinking they were getting something rare) while the people who exploited it will end up with a mountain of gold. This REALLY left a sour taste in my mouth and marred my enjoyment of the game, I have to say.

1 Like

So you just gonna leave it at that? And those with multiple Founder Packs will keep their stuff now? Or is this what the Maintenance is for? To remove their extra items?

No Longer :smiley: yeah thats nice to know but hmm… What about the ones that got the extra, they are just lucky?

7 Likes

I’m betting we won’t get an answer to this anytime soon and I have a few thoughts as to why.

:blush:

3 Likes