Sound randomly disappears

I have had this problem a few times in a few different ways.

1. Sound Randomly disappears with no apparent reason
    – All sound mutes itself randomly. Has happened in everyzone and on every one of my characters without outside influence.

2. Sound disappears when using my headset
    – Sound mutes itself when I change to my headset, or when my wireless headset shuts itself off and turns back on or I plug the headset in to charge (Corsair headset)

These sound issues require me to restart the game (which takes forever and has a tendency to error out because the client does not remove itself from memory half the time)

There are some bugs. I get the sound weirdly coming through the wrong audio device. Most windows users have random audio devices that go nowhere, so this could happen and you might never know. Definitely buggy. Usually happens when I am switching devices but who knows.

Hi @niwaar and @marilketh!

I’m sorry to hear about the sound issues affecting your play.

While marilketh is correct, since there are some know sound issues, you both can try, if you haven’t, these steps:

-Double checking your computer’s sound configuration and output settings: right clicking on the sound icon in your taskbar and click on “Open sound settings”.

-Restart your computer and Open Steam as Administrator:

1. Right-click on the Steam icon on your desktop. or Navigate to your Steam folder and right-click Steam.exe.
  2. Select Properties.
  3. Click on the Compatibility tab.
  4. Check Run This Program As An Administrator.
  5. Click the Apply button.
  6. Click the OK button.

I would also recommend contacting our Live Chat support so they can raise a Web Ticket, using this link:

Have a good day!