Still only 2 hours notification for maintenance

First I must say, I expected this. After an entire weekend of the annoying and useless Tytalos nerf in-game notification, we only got a 2 hour in-game notification for the actual maintenance time. I posted a couple days ago about the Tytalos nerf notifications (Advanced notice for server maintenance), and Amazon responded with empty promises, promises I knew were false and now we have proof. This is preventing many of us from completing our dailies and causing undue stress.

Nothing I can say will change your mind, so I’ll just say this: every cry you ignore will echo forever in your eternal home, the lake of fire.

EDIT: Getting a lot of views, shameless plug.

Tuesday-Thursday, Saturday, Sunday 10PM Pacific (no surprise maintenance I promise)

1 Like

Since you are on forum. Forum notification actually started more than 2 hours ahead.

I don’t want to be on this forum all the time, I just want to play the game. I shouldn’t have to constantly alt+tab and F5 while I’m playing.

2 Likes

And what exactly is wrong with that now? Go out, enjoy your life, the maintenance will be over again sometime. I can’t understand how you can live your life so much according to a game. I really don’t understand.

3 Likes

Yeah but they changed it too. Pulled back one hour on maintenance start time.

With hotfixes I get it. Developers are waiting for client builds, quality assurance tests etc. to then decide and roll it out as fast as possible. Then they have to make a call if they do it on Tuesday or Wednesday morning. So do they inconvenience players that are currently playing at night or keep bugs live for another day and inconvenience everyone affected by them in the next 24 hours? It is then usually better to do the patch right away.

But also yes, it was posted six hours ago so you could have gotten notice. You chose not to press F5 like once an hour when a downtime was to be expected (though suggested to happen Monday already). And that is on you. I do agree though that the ingame notice should come at the same time as the forum post and judging by your post I guess it wasn’t.

the thing is, that sometimes you plan things in game, and then you get hit by surprise maintenance and lose your dailies. I was trying to find mokokos yesterday and now this… :frowning:

Sounds like you should prioritize better.

Yeah… The Thing is, I went to bed earlier yesterday and wanted to just squeeze in a little dailies before work this morning… Stood up at 7, showered, made coffee, sat in front of the pc and had 10 minutes left before downtime… So yeah announcing it in the middle ofthe night and then having it at 8am is not the best way…

the thing is, that sometimes you plan things in game, and then you get hit by surprise maintenance and lose your dailies. I was trying to find mokokos yesterday and now this… :frowning:

Exactly. I wasted a bunch of time today on Feiton story quests on an alt, could have actually done dailies and waited til another day for Feiton.

Wel, time for building my Cadian army :slight_smile: just wanted to rant a bit for those people who are like me and like to wake up early :slight_smile:

I work frequently with the scheduling of emergency maintenance and there should be a days notice preferably or scheduled off peak hours (2am to 6am). This maintenance windows is very poorly preannounced so I lost daily hosts on my main and many important daily activities as well as life and stronghold energy and work that is currently stopped because of this.

The solution is simple. Emergency windows are often known in advance or can be kept short. If you have a hotfix, a shorter window is needed for implementation. If you have a patch or similar, you can often schedule it a day in advance so people can plan around it.

If you during the night announce it and the maintenance lasts until reset you screw over a lot of people. Especially when it occurs in tie with the weekly maintenance. Not everyone can play all hours, and those that do still have tasks planned for that time and need to plan around it.

TLDR: Poor notice ahead of time. I didnt know it was maintenance. I lost loads of resources on my main now because of this. Solution: prior notice (not during the night) or a maintenance of for example 6am to 9am or similar so there is a small window to recouperate before the reset. The reset is crucial in this game as things are time gated. Do not screw people over.

this ingame notification is bullshit if it appears in midnight or whatever…
i’m one of these who have to go to bed in time to wake up in the morning for work. this 4-6 hours before maintenance post in forum is just a joke. starting a maintenance before daylie reset is a joke.
is this game really made for people who don’t have to go to work or doing home-office? do you have to have holyday or beeing jobless so you can grind 24/7 and see all notification?

scheduled off peak hours (2am to 6am)

Maybe maintenance could take place after daily reset instead of 2 hours before?

If you have a hotfix, a shorter window is needed for implementation.

On that note, why they need 7 hours for a hotfix is beyond me. Did somebody accidentally let a bunch of spiders loose in the server room or something?

A prior notice that noone sees because it’s posted during midnight is no prior notice. I work with this and I would NEVER do this in a system that is in production. I frequently schedule emergency maintenance as I work with critical and major incident management and I know what kind of pain and financial loss that is dealt to them when production systems are down during the day. And even worse when the game has a reset at 11 and the reset lasts all the way until 11. It is ridiculous and cost loads of people a lot of daily tasks.

TLDR: MOVE TO 6-9 so ppl can do daily tasks and stuff after. Poor prior notice. Poor time window.

Is everyone on this forum complaining, babies? jesus

No we just have standards and Amazon isn’t meeting them. Squeaky wheel gets fixed.

generally yes.

1 Like

The problem is that you see your standard as the measure of all things. You can do it however you want, someone always has something to complain about. Somebody is always dissuaded from his plans by the supposedly unfavorable time. My God, then just continue your planning the following day, you are all acting as if what you just had in mind was a one-time and non-repeatable event.

you are all acting as if what you just had in mind was a one-time and non-repeatable event.

Literally the definition of dailies. Are you playing the same game?