Support Paladin change from Front to Backattack

As a Paladin player, I would like to share that the skill changes (holy sword, executioners sword, punishment). These skills have been changed from Front attacks to Back attacks with the balance patch.

I’ve tried out the changes a bit and groped my way there.
However, in my opinion this makes no sense.

First, what is the difference between front and back attacks:

Front Attacks deal 20% Bonus damage and has 10% increased neutralization (Stagger,Weak Point). This bonus damage can be increased by using the Master Brawler Engraving, adding an additional 25% damage.

Back Attacks deal 5% bonus damage and have 10% increased Crit Rate. This bonus damage can be increased by using the Master of Ambusch Engraving adding additional 25% damage.

Since actually the important role of the paladin is the supporter role and the supporter paladin actually has the task of countering and staggering and this only works from the front, this is a bad change for the support paladin.

Since most DD classes are back attack classes, if the paladin wants to get some damage out of his skills, the boss will turn and the DDs will have to rotate as well. Not to mention that the change reduces stagger damage and weak point damage, which are the only important attacks in support paladin.

I understand that you’re trying to make the Judgment Paladin playable somehow, but it’s actually an unfortunately ill-considered decision towards the support paladins.

Of course, if you want to make the judgment paladin playable and thus not annoy the support players, changing tripods would be more understandable. A tripod could be swapped out and thus one could change attack type from these skills to back attack.

As written above is my opinion on the changes.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read this <3

1 Like

I understand that you’re trying to make the Judgment Paladin playable somehow, but it’s actually an unfortunately ill-considered decision towards the support paladins.

Your damage is pretty much irrelevant.

It’s a bit less damage if you don’t back attack on two skills that are saved for countering in relevant raids. A non-issue.

What is an issue for me is why are they trying to make DPS Paladin a back attacking class? They should’ve added frontal attack modifier to flash thrust and dash slash, instead.

2 Likes

Yes i know that is irrelevant, maybe i couldnt reflect that well above.

Sure you are right it would be easiert to add frontal modiefiers to those attacks.

Even from the lore and visual idtentity it makes absolutely no sense.

You’re a warrior class, holy knight and you’re back-attacking with counter-attacks? Like why?