- Islands: I love them a lot! Most of them have their own stories and some of those stories are really fun, for example the little boy that wanted to be a turtle. I wish they gave more interesting rewards than honing materials.
- Sailing/ boat: really cool concept and really gives the feeling that the world is a world. I wish there was more mystery at sea, maybe you could encounter rare monsters that drop something valuable (no, honing materials are not valuable)
- Diverse world: absolutely love that every part of the world has it’s own theme and that different styles/ concepts are intertwined, for example the cyberpunk of Arthetine vs the island life of Punika. Really love that the devs are not afraid to mix in modern concepts, such as the disco island (I love it!)
- Collectibles: amazing! love them so much. They give great rewards, love going for the transformations and the occasional mount. These are really good rewards!
- The story/ questing: yes the main story is pretty generic, but the execution in my opinion is amazing and really well done, love the quirky stuff, the cutscenes, the dances. Demons as a concept are a bit boring for me, wish they did something more creative. Sometimes I wonder if they miss translated it from Korean and that in Korean it has a deeper meaning than demon.
- The variety of mounts, the astral boards are just amazing
- The stronghold: good basis, feels underdeveloped but with great potential, just look at animal crossing
- Skins: a lot are not ingame yet, they are awesome. Love the dying of them.
- Collectibles need a manual: I have the feeling that most of the collectibles are not meant to be found naturally but you really need to follow a guide to for example find all the mokokos. This feels really strange for me. An easy fix could be something like the excavation skill where you can scan your environment for hints.
- Crafting: what crafting? You can’t create cool stuff with the things you gather. Gathering is really fun for some reason, but I want to craft cool stuff, let me craft a mount or all the mounts with a chance to obtain a +X version with certain stats, let me craft gear with the 0,001 % chance to obtain +15 gear, what ever you get the gist.
- Time-gated content: kinda weird to me but also makes sense as lost ark has a predictable progression system (as in you can’t grind for cool stuff)
- Loot system: what loot? I get a billion purple items in Chaos Dungeons, that I all destroy to get honing materials. This is the same design philosophy that Guild Wars 2 has and part of it’s lack of wider success. I really dislike this system and probably will lose my interest in the game over it. I want to do dungeons and have the (small) chance to obtain cool stuff, mounts, pets, skins, that 0,001 % chance to drop +20 gear, something unpredictable. Predictability is really boring.
- Honing materials: what a boring, boring system. This is the main thing everything in game provides you with. Absolutely boring. Guild wars 2 has this same boring system where everything in game gives you crafting materials. You know what this creates? A boring world with no mystery, no reason to discover, no reason to grind and fight mobs. This game stole a lot from old gems such as Cabal Online and MU, please steal this part to. It is what made these games gems and still played on private servers.
- The community: this one is really interesting. I suppose a lot of the players are coming from games such as Fortnite? I always thought the toxic positivity movement of guild wars 2 players was cringy but the community I have found here really is something from nightmares. I am really worrying for the future of the world, these players have 0 patience, 0 respect, 0 of nothing actually. I guess it’s what happens when you grow up with a tablet glued to your eyes.