Hey there, so this whole in-game time and timer situation is really getting out of hand.
- We have an in-game clock with a drop down box that shows different timezones
- Event timers don’t always add up
- The in-game clock is apparently affected to an extent by our computers’ clock settings
- Official posts and tweets often use 2 or more timezones, sometimes getting these timezones mixed up and having to correct them, causing even more confusion
- Official posts and tweets use timezones that may or may not be the same timezone reflected in the actual in-game clock
Might I suggest picking just ONE fixed server time for each region(USW, USE, EUC, EUW etc) and running every in-game event based off that? Then pick ONE fixed timezone to use in official regional announcements and include both that timezone and the in-game server time in the announcements.
Gamers have been working with “server times” for decades. Even the babies among us will be able to figure out that if X happens at 4pm server time and its 2pm on the in-game clock now, it means X happens in 2hrs.