The Last Active Member of my Guild Just Quit Because of Bots including T3 Bots!

I know many people will post that they dont care, or any number of other annoying posts. However, the last active member of my guild other than myself just quit. He is a software engineer and has been my friend for a long time. He started playing in Russia with me and since LA came out in the USA has spent $300 on the game and countless hours and was eagerly looking forward to Argos and playing Destroyer. Since he is a father with a job, like myself, he has not reached the top tier yet. He told me why he quit over coffee this evening. He cant get on the server anymore, during the evening when he comes home from work the servers on NA West are flooded with thousands of bots and have 1 hour queues. He also is having trouble making gold since all of the book chests and battle item chests took buyers of his items away from him and he cant run abyss raids yet. The last straw was being in a chaos dungeon with 3 bots at Tier 3.

So leaves the 30th paying customer who used to be a member of my guild. I am likely gone too. Haven’t logged on today, not sure when I will log on next so flame away. Being in a dead guild sucks. Of course the flamers are botters and gold buyers 99% of the time so its to be expected.

This game will be ONLY bots in mere weeks. Thats the second game you have RUINED amazon.

6 Likes

don’t worry not the only one. I uninstalled and deleted all my toons 60k gold 2+ t3 toons with mats for another 3. I’m done with this braindead company hope they actually hope they lose their jobs. incompetent braindeads in all aspects of the company.

do yourself a favor and find a new game also

4 Likes

wanna log back on and give me that gold though?

4 Likes

if I redownload it’s to complete the character deletions and nothing more. not gonna encourage a single person to play again lmao

2 Likes

Quite stupid to suggest people that love the game to stop it. You do not have any backbone at all if you quit the game just because of bots that will get banned sooner or later anyway. Just have some patience and play however it is possible. There are ways to avoid queues, just manage around it until the better times follow ffs

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

Nobody wants your trash items just get going nobody cares about you ty

you will care when your full time jobs dies off :’) c u reject

1 Like

dude it’s a video game, why does it have to be this serious lmao. Also either way i’m gonna keep playing, I enjoy the game

1 Like

cute :’) it’s shocking how dense you are bro both of you :’)

Im glad you left. No one needs to play with someone as toxic as you.

5 Likes

you definitely just pitied a few hones god damn LMAO

Probably he is serious because you started acting like a jerk. Just a guess though.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem like amazon does anything about bots, if you can’t beat em, join em (:

all i did was ask for his gold as a joke, but i’m a jerk yeah okay lmfao. On top of that i’m not over here insulting people, read everything next time bro.

Yesterday i carried 3 bots on Yoho. Even my alts at 1340, i’m impressed.

Do you really think that AGS/Smilegate isn’t aware of the problem and trying to solve it?
Your example best describes why it is in their own best interest to solve the problem, but you’re framing it, like they don’t want to. Would be kinda counter intuitive right, to not fix a problem and lose paying customers…

There are (putting it very simple) two major problems with the bots:

1. people buying from the gold sellers and thus encouraging them to use bots > so unfortunately there is a market and this is the real problem. If no one would buy from the bots and no one would be so eager to be “world first for the least amount of money possible”, there would be no market for the bots
    Just to give you an idea of the possible scale, have a look at this thread for example:
    A true record of what I’ve seen lurking in one of the largest BOTS/Cheater group - Game Feedback / Game Feedback - Lost Ark Forums (playlostark.com)

2. Solving the bot problem is highly complex. Your friend should be able to explain you why it is so complex for AGS/Smilegate. Unfortunately many people think that the solution to the bot problem is oh so easy and sadly AGS/Smilegate are not very transparent in regards to why they can only implement specific counter measures and not everything is possible
    I’ve written about this over and over and over again in the forum, just to give you one example:
    The State of Lost Ark - Bots Edition - #93 by romconstruct

Being stuck in the queue sucks, I’m playing EUC and at the start we had queues of several hours for weeks. So I know how bad this can be, if you only have limited time to play.
But as for the full servers at the start, there unfortunately is no quick solution for this problem. And yes I know we’ve been talking about bots almost since the start.
Just take a look what happen with the server queues in EUC. Players wanted more servers, AGS created new ones including the new region EUW…guess what happend: players are now complaining that EUW is to empty.
Back to the bots and see what happend there:

• players suggested to limit chat to a specific level > it got implemented > guess who started protesting that you need to be a specific level to use the chat
  • players suggested to ban VPNs > was implemented just shortly > guess who started protesting
  • players suggested better identifications of real persons via authentication measures including Steam Guard > it got implemented > guess who started protesting
  • AGS postet that they started huge ban waves and there might be some some unfortunate false positives > guess who started an outrage because of the false positives

I’m not saying what AGS/Smilegate is always doing the right thing, which they absolutely do not in my eyes. The problem itself started why before the game rolled out in “the West” and now they are trying to extinguish all the fires. But instead of being more clear about the topic and saying what can’t be done, the keep silent. Obviously they can’t always tell us what they are planning, because the people using the bots would know this to and can directly start working on counter measures. So even communicating about the topic is difficult and although I can totally relate to you and your guildmates anger about the bots, you (or especially people working in IT) should also acknowledge that unfortunately there is no quick fix available to this. You can only have patience, maybe just give it a break and come back in a few weeks.

(btw: I also played New World and Cruicible and yes, AGS did a very bad job there. New World seems to be more stable now, but hast lost most of the players, me and 7 friends included, so I know what you’re referring to. But for LA and the bot problem it is different due to the reasons I mentioned)

1 Like

if people like jaypop leave because of bots then at least not everything about them is bad

1 Like