The most effective stuttering fixes for ME

For folks still looking for fixes for stuttering I have mostly solved mine.

Right click the lostark.exe executable in your steam apps directory, go to compatibility and check

1. disable full screen optimization
  2. high dpi override fix
  3. run as administrator

Also, I enabled nvidia’s new DLDSR or “deep learning dynamic super resolution” in the nvidia control panel on the “manage 3d settings” page. I chose the 2.25x which for me is 4k output on my 1440p display, after that i selected it as both my desktop and in-game resolution.

Additionally, I added lostark.exe to the manage 3d settings page and forced v-sync on. I tried both fast and on, and the “on” setting gives me the best performance.

I don’t claim that this will work for everyone but after almost a DAY wasted trying to tweak my game and windows settings this worked great for me! (This included driver reinstall using DDU, intelligent standby list cleaner, switching gpu accelerated scheduling on and off, testing the game at low and high settings, disabling all chat types, and a few other tweaks. )

I hope it works for you too.

EDIT: the compatibility settings in the lostark.exe are most likely not being applied because the game boots through EasyAntiCheat but go ahead and mess with them anyway, they all seemed to make things play nicer for me.

9 Likes

A majority (not all) of my game stutters are coming from Area chat I’ve noticed. But overall the game is just stuttery. This is an issue with the game 100% though as I don’t experience this in any other games.

1 Like

Hello @Lanirae
Thank you so much for sharing these tips :smiley:
I get truly happy when I see players trying to help each other out, you are amazing
Let’s hope this does help other players

4 Likes

Of course! Ive been digging for improvements all day so i wanted to share my results here. Glad to help.

This is something you guys are looking into I hope? And not just relying on players to help one another?

Because on a 3080ti machine (latest AMD CPU and 32 GB of ram), I expect to be able to run this game on max but I am getting micro stutters and frame drops at random times too.

2 Likes

Can you please pass on these stuttering issues with Area chat, overall stuttering etc., to the dev team? This is clearly a game issue as other people with high-end systems do not experience issues in other games.

There are multiple threads on stuttering and it’s quite a widespread issue.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I just wanted to thank you for posting this. It worked perfectly for me. It sucks that this problem existed in the first place and hopefully they’ll have an official fix for this soon.

Also having this issue. Thanks for the tips.

Tried all of these, didnt change anything sadly :frowning:

This is a pretty big issue for many players, is the dev team aware of this?

1 Like

Yes, the team is aware and working on this, for the release of the game the option for dx11 was added and that did help out a lot but there is still work to be done :smiley:
I really appreciate your patience on this, take care :partly_sunny:

9 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I and I’m sure other players appreciate the acknowledgement. Cheers.

Thank you so much for looking into this- it really does need to be a priority.

Here’s what I did to fix all stuttering issues on my rig (note that what worked for me may not work for you). My specs:

i7 10700K
GTX 1660 Super
16Go RAM

Game settings:

• NVIDIA settings all by default
  • Deleted LEDKeeper32.exe as it triggers random crashes and stutters
  • For some reason that I can’t understand, opening the task manager and letting it open removes all the stutters and screen tearing on my end.
  • Turned Area chat off. This is a known bug since CBT that hasn’t been fixed yet.

Any update on this?
Been 19 days, would appreciate some communication.

I have tried all these solutions but none seem to completely fix the problem. However, some setting off/low help.

anti-aliasing: Inactive
Shadow Quality: Low
and Post Processing FX Advanced Settings all off
(MAKE SURE TO REBOOT THE GAME AFTER CHANGES)

after multiple test tbh the game is just unstable for me. lowering the game to low low settings seem to be the only improvement

MY SPEC
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-core, 24-Thread
ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II AMD AM4
EVGA 08G-P5-3755-KR GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra Gaming, 8GB GDDR6, iCX3
32GB Corsair CMK4GX4M1A2400C16 Vengeance LPX
HP SSD EX920 1TB

I have tried every possible advice from this post, but continue to have these unbearable micro stutters.

My system
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600,
Graphics card: AMD RX 6600 XT,
Monitor: DELL S2422HG, 1080p, 165 Hz
RAM: 16 GB

It helps a bit if I limit the maximum FPS to 72 frames, but in cities I still have these micro stutters. If I don’t limit the FPS, I have the micro stutters at all times.

Instances in which I am alone and cutscenes run smoothly. But outside of instances and especially in cities, I have these constant micro stutters. Because I have the micro stutters mainly in cities, I suspect that assets are being reloaded by other players and that this is causing these short interruptions.

any updates on this please?

I connected my old monitor, which only supports 60 Hz and no FreeSync, for testing. The gaming experience feels much smoother than with my 165 Hz monitor. I suspect there is somehow a problem with Lost Ark and FreeSync.

i’ve tried both 6800 xt using amd drivers + freesync as well as an rtx 3060 using nvidia drivers with gsync. both yielded the same results.

hm i do have a dual monitor setup though, 144 mhz on the main monitor, 60 mhz on the secondary monitor. i play lost ark in full screen mode but i wonder if the dual monitor setup isn’t causing issues with lost ark somehow.