Thoughts - solutions -ideas

First let me start off with im am just spitballiing things i thought about over the course of my time playing LA you don’t have to like them nor agree with any of the thoughts or changes i personally think could help the game. i could be just flat out wrong on all accounts but it is once again just a few of my own thoughts. ill put a TOC below so if you don’t care about a specific topic you can just scroll down, however i will try to tie it all together at the end on why all the things together can make a massive difference to the game (maybe). I play on the una server so my standpoints on things come from my region specifically NAE.

TOC-

1. alt/main focused content
  2. BIS accessories/market
  3. ability stones
  4. pheons
  5. profits
  6. RESET??

1. ALT/MAIN FOCUSED CONTENT
    In Lost Ark, the more alts you have the more gold you generate(simple concept). LA is a very time consuming game PER CHARACTER in terms of grinding mats to progress that individual character. Don’t get me wrong i love having alts, however i ALWAYS find my self right after i finish daily’s on my main wish there was more to do…(to be perfectly honest i would even be ok with TAKING away daily’s from an alt to to them on my main again). I don’t believe that would ever happen or even be a viable solution. So some suggestions i would make would be make legion raids repeatable maybe and maybe this is a way to help new players. earlier in the week people could grind their weekly raids and then on weekends or closer to reset they could go back and tech new players or even just help players with off meta builds who are struggling. Make an honor system or something where creating teaching lobbies rewards these players helping new players get some kind of cool unique title or badge, give these players helping others some kinda of currency that allows the to buy battle item chest from the honor system vendor this will help them not lose their own gold helping others. LA needs more for your main character to do on a weekly basis not just daily, i have 6 characters, i can get everything done in before the weekend comes every week on reset, which is great i get to go do other things outside of LA but when its late night and i want to spend time with some friends in LA i have nothing to do, i cant help with legion raids and guardians and chaos well those only last a few mins so… what can we do? repeatable dungeons to farm for mounts even would be nice.
    Now this is my favorite idea I’ve have.
    OK so lets say your main character you want to push that weapon to +23/24/25 right but you know the cost does NOT out weigh the gain… So lets say this what if you could EARN ARTISAN by defeating monsters or events or raids dungeons, ANYTHING? And sure it would take alot to do… like 100mil experience to fill the bar so you could upgrade the weapon BUT GUESS WHAT?? I would be out there slaying everything all dam day if that was there! What a sick goal this would be. Or even here me out, once a weapon is +20 the only way to lvl it past that is to gain the experience and who knows even add materials you have to collect also on top of the exp.
    LA needs to give the player goals, not just honing.

2. BIS ACCESSORIES/MARKET
    Our market is some what dead… what i mean by this is, hardly anyone will buy accessories that aren’t BIS. This is a problem created IMO by a multitude of things but mainly pheons(IK, IK, relax, bare with me). Another major problem of this is due to how little amount of “useable” accessories we actually get on (dare i say it) on a “weekly” basis. Because lets be real I’ve sold maybe 6 or 7 BIS accessories with a quality of 85 or above… To dive into this more… non meta builds in theory should be a little easier to obtain right? However this seemingly has not been the case, we have currently as almost no budget build or off meta build accessories that ever seem to make it to the market and if they do, for whatever reason the quality on these items always seems very mid to low end. I believe the reason for this is basically no one want to spend PHEONS on a budget build to only have to RESPEND MORE GOLD ON PHEONS to be be able to buy better, more meta builds later. Off meta builds are basically non existent as a result of this not wanting to waste pheons of something that isnt BIS. (IK we could argue this in many ways, ie. prices would be higher, blah blah blah.) i get it, but even a higher gold value would be better than a STOP factor of an additional paywall system such as pheons. I would argue that the gold increase on the accessories would be less that then pheon cost you have to spend, but we can’t know for certain.

3. ABILITY STONES
    Don’t hate me but I love ability stones! well the concept of them anyways. How I think this system could improve is as follows. First I would like the ability to be able to take a slot I failed on and make it a success! My idea on how this could be implemented is this. Lets just say for the sake of this argument we have to use blue crystals(how ever I have another idea I think most people will like, this idea is more for the devs to still make a profit). ok so you would need say 20 blue crystals to have a % chance to change to a success, cause we know they like the % chances! obviously it will be a low % if it was implemented. Next would be a higher amount of blue crystals to REMOVE a negative at an even lower % cause we know that’s how it would work. there could be limits even to how many negatives could be removed or how many positives could be added (can only add +2 positive on one line not both lines, can only remove 2 negative) ← just an example. how i think it be a even BETTER player experience would be by allowing us to take all that dust we have sitting in our storages to craft a material that would change a fail to a success or remove a negative from line 3(this system could still have percentages and be a great player experience imo)

4.PHEONS
I’m going to start this one off with if you want to argue over this point don’t waste your time i wont even bother looking at it.
Pheons in no way have a positive impact on the player base, period. I truly believe this is one of the major reasons if not the MAIN for the greatest and most clear downfall of LA (BOTS/RMT/INFLATION) ← and yes i just wrapped three things together as one.
But lets get past that cause i can already feel the keyboard warriors on their 6th cup of coffee drooling over their keyboards as they start typing an absurdly stupid response to that.
Pheons is an ADDITIONAL system, that LEGITIMATLY STOPS YOU, AS THE PLAYER FROM PROGRESSION. Its a paywall system no less, which let me tell you that hurts! Its thing to say well ive been playing for only three months and need to gather more gold to buy better things… ITS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WHEN YOU SAY "I’VE BEEN PLAYING FOR THREE MONTHS AND NOW I NEED TO GATHER GOLD TO BUY BLUE CRYSTALS TO THEN BUY PHEONS TO THEN BUY A LIMITED AMOUNT OF ROCKS OR ACCESSORIES WITH THE SMALL AMOUNT OF PHEONS I COULD BUY… BECAUSE WHY? INFLATION.
Pheons hurt newer players MORE than they hurt the recurring player base by FAR. I’ve had plenty of friends who quit because of pheons, they reached 1415 had 200 pheons saved up and spent 70+ on rocks then were not able to get all the accessories they needed to complete a build because no more pheons… however since they basically generate no gold a week they have to wait and then hope to get accepted into a raid group with a trash build they are STUCK with because no gold to turn into crystals to buy pheons with.

1. Profits
    with all that being said about pheons do i thinks the game still needs to make a profit?
    ABSOLUTLY! However many other games have made INSANE profits with just selling cosmetics… and lets look at it… LA the skins kinda slap. there are soo many good skins

2. RESET!!
    YES!! YES!! I would love T4/T5/T6! Listen, Lost Ark pulled me in with the lvl 50 grind and hitting T1/ then a iLVL grind to get to T2/T3. Like come on bring me that back! Clown and brel being a T4 requirement? that would be awesome! This gives the PLAYER BASE A GOAL! YES A GOAL!
    That is very important in a MMO, Right now what do we have? we have to set our own goals, which isn’t a bad thing but what are our goals right now? Make gold to buy pheons to buy accessories better than i have… Each tier we had came with far greater things no? More raids new areas to explore and better gear, and how could we forget better GLOW?! LIKE imagine we hit T6 after years of playing right and your weapon doesnt glow but you just have this GIGACHAD aura around your entire body? IDK, all im saying is give us resets.
    LA , IMO, has SEVERLY dropped the ball on not bringing new tiers… To the point now where people are SOO SCARED of a new tier because of their gems they don’t want to lose. which is understandable for being how long the game has been without a tier increase, but again that is THEIR fault and this laziness has created a somewhat stale gaming experience to where people feel their is no goal no content to push for other than a legion raid and a story of a new area with no real benefits to it, i believe more tiers give us that feeling of we are actually progressing and becoming stronger, right now i feel like yea im just doing somethings to do some things to do some things cause i want to do things…

ANYWAYS—
wrapping this up because my mind is just rambling nonsense at this point (need coffee).
I think we need more activities for our main character.
i want a change to the ability stone sytem.
Pheons hurt the player experience.
Market and builds could be better and more creative with out pheons holding us back from BIS
i do believe the game needs to make a profit, so sell more skins and passes :smiley:
and i think we need resets!
Hope everyone has a great day and be sure to tell your family and friends you love them!

ok so after posting i saw that the forum automatically changes numbers in my list of talking points, i tried to fix them but it keeps changing them so sorry in advance. idk how to fix it haha

Your ToC is garbage

why is 1 then 7, 2 then 8, 3 then 9, 4 is correct at 4

hahaha

more gold from busses bois!!

You have many great ideas unfortunately they will probably never come to fruition. AGS doesn’t make the game and Smile Gate won’t change their game like this. I do like some of them tho.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.