To all Masters and Grandmasters

Hi,

do you do ranked matches because of the rewards like title and whatever one receives at the end of the season?

Or would you also do ranked without receiving any rewards, but the points in ranked to determine who is the best or if you got better (just because you are competitive)?

And would you expect that in ranked matches would be less cheater if there were no rewards at all except of showing no. 1, 2 etc.?

Cheers

Im not a Grand Master according to our system but the complete opposite.

I got stuck hard in bronze cause I learned pvp in ranked rather than normal, which is my own fault ^^

That being said, I have played 2K games in the first season but only in normal pvp. Unable to access a ranked match within acceptable time frame.

I have 0 rewards because in Bronze.

I played it knowingly that I would receive nothing special.

So yes, I would do rank even without any rewards, being competitive is what drives me in every game :slight_smile:

Hi,
I played on my main for 3 reasons :

1. Competitiveness
  2. Rewards
  3. Fun

And i smurfed for 2 reasons:

1. Competitiveness
  2. Fun

After securing the rewards once, since they aren’t high for a season of 6 months, they weren’t a goal anymore. Hence, not getting them on my smurf wouldn’t be a problem, however not getting them on my main wouldn’t motivate me to play.
Without the rewards, i don’t think players would cheat or get boost but in addition, most top players wouldn’t play at all, investing time to be the best and not gaining anything is lame.

The ranking drives my competitiveness
The rewards give me a feeling of accomplishment
The fun of playing is the cherry on top of the cake