Trust Status bug/problems for over 1month

Hello,
on the 24th of last month i did my first 5euro purchase on steam, i heard it can take up to 30 days to get the "trusted"status so I waited. More time than that has passed, I contacted steam, they say there is no problem with my account (I am aware that I have no mobile auth enabled on my steam but that does not affect lost ark. I know that for a fact cause my wife doesn’t have one either and her lost ark account is not restricted). Since then I have put even more money and went ahead and spent it in lost ark (see attachments) and still my account is apparently “untrusted”. Steam cannot help with this issue, it seems to be a bug or oversight as I have clearly met the requirements and waited a sufficient amount of time.
Please help resolve this issue so I can enjoy the game already with all its features because at this point idk what else I can do.

Character name: Sábetha
Region: Eu-Central
Server: Mokoko
Character level: 53

Hello @Mokokoian,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

In this case the best thing to do is contact our live support and one of our agents will further investigate the issue with your account. Since Steam has already confirmed that there is no issue with your account, our team will need to investigate what’s causing this in your game.

Have a wonderful day! :mage: