Upcoming Soulfist class changes, couldn't be more disappointed

The KTR Test server soulfist update had me so excited. Finally, the worst dps class was going to have some utilization. I play my Soulfist a ton, I love the class. Here were the expected updates.

increase the Damage of all Skills except the Basic Attack and Awakening by 30%.

Energy Release

• Ready Attack Absorbs damage dealt to the caster and party members for 8 seconds. Up to a maximum value of 40.0/42.8/45.6/48.4/51.6% of the caster’s maximum health.

Pulverizing Palm

• Ready Attack Reduces the Damage received while casting the Skill by 30.0/32.7/35.4/38.1/40.8%.

Lightning Palm

• Prepared AttackerIncreases the Energy Consumption by 20% and the Damage Dealt by 15.0/21.0/27.0/33.0/40.0%.

Flash Step

• Victory Shout Using the Skill has a chance of 50.0/57.0/64.0/72.0/80.0% to remove 1 harmful effect on you.

Energy Bullet

• Trance the first bullet is shot about 40% faster.

Energy Blast

• PVE Damage by 11,7%.
  • Concussion Attack Range increased by 5m.
  • Weak Point Detection changed: During Skill use, gain Push Immunity.
  • Ranged Hit Increases the Skill’s Stagger Level to [High].
  • Ruthless Increases the Damage dealt with each hit by 8.0/9.0/11.0/13.0/15.0% up to 40.0/45.0/55.0/65.0/75.0%.
  • Tenacity: Increases Damage dealt to Push Immune foes by 40.0/47.2/54.8/62.4/70.0%.
  • If Ferocious Strike is selected, the holding time of the skill is reduced by 50% without reducing the Damage dealt.

Merciless Pummel

• Increases last attack’s Attack Range by 40% if the Skill Tree Coldhearted is applied.

Bolting Crash

• Attack type changed from Frontal Attack to Back Attack.

Robust Spirit Soulfist Raid Guide and Energy Overflow Soulfist Raid Guide!

PVP

the Damage of all Skills except the Basic Attack and Awakening by 9%.

Awakening

Increased the Damage of Awakening Skills by 55,6% in PVE.

Identity

Using “X” key instantly ends the “Hype” state.

Class Engraving

Energy Overflow

Damage increased from 5/10/15% to 6/12/18% if the Energy is below 30%.

That would have been fantastic. It would have finally made the soulfist not the worst DPS as well as give us some utility and build variation that we sincerely lack. Furthermore, we desperately needed the pvp damage buff. Soulfist is the worst class for PVP as well in all NA servers.

This is what the soulfist class balance is in the Korea update Elgacia that was just released. The class balance we will also be getting in the may update. As Smilegate has indicated. 'Wanting to keep the classes as similar as possible between various servers so releasing class balance as quickly as they can. Probably with the may update.'

PVE
Increased the Damage of all Skills in PVE except the Basic Attack and Awakening by 7%.

Energy Bullet
Trance the first bullet is shot about 40% faster.
Energy Blast
PVE Damage Increased by 11,7%.
Concussion changed: Attack Range increased by 5m.
Weak Point Detection changed: During Skill use, gain Push Immunity.
Ranged Hit changed: Increases the Skill’s Stagger Level to [High].
Ruthless changed: Increases the Damage dealt with each hit by 8.0/9.0/11.0/13.0/15.0% up to 40.0/45.0/55.0/65.0/75.0%.
Tenacity changed: Increases Damage dealt to Push Immune foes by 40.0/47.2/54.8/62.4/70.0%.
If Ferocious Strike is selected, the holding time of the skill is reduced by 50% without reducing the Damage dealt.
Merciless Pummel
Increases last attack’s Attack Range by 40%. if the Skill Tree Coldhearted is applied.
Bolting Crash
Attack type changed from Frontal Attack to Back Attack.

Identity
Using “X” key instantly ends the “Hype” state.

They also got rid of the energy overflow buff which would have finally made it viable.

Soulfist is literally so bad in NA. It was terrible in KR but they had relic gear that made is slightly better, it was still regarded as a terrible character.

So in total we got some changes, not really buffs, They canceled the major awakening damage buff (our awakening does decent damage already but it is almost impossible to land on any endgame
boss.)

We don’t have the same build abilities that are in the KR servers, so we can’t even make the soulfist a good character. I currently have a robust spirit argos soulfist with 4 maxxed engravings,
max stats, and she does worse damage then my tier 2 Brezerker. I have 6 t3 chars, 5/6 are 1370+. I need to touch grass. Point is I have a good grasp on different class mechanics and the NA
server shouldn’t have the exact same class balance update the KR server got. This isn’t enough for our soulfist to be viable. People won’t even accept my soulfist into argos raids which
is ridiculous considering they are easy at this point, I have 4 maxed engravings, perfect stats, and min lvl 5 gem as my worst. It’s ridiculous. Please, Please, Please give the soulfist
a better buff then this on NA servers. We desperately need the PVE & the PVP buff. I’m so disappointed. I would have pushed my breserker instead of my soulfist had I known the update was
going to be so weak.

They gave us the impression Soulfist were going to receive the largest buff of any class with the update. A lot of people in Korea are reporting the class changes to soulfist currently
feel like a nerf!

2 Likes

A lot of people in Korea are reporting the class changes to soulfist currently
feel like a nerf

The first changes made on the PTR were a nerf to good SF and buffed bad/beginner SF. That was the feedback in Korea. And that is why they made the changes that are now in the balance patch.

PVE
Increased the Damage of all Skills in PVE except the Basic Attack and Awakening by 7%.
Energy Bullet
Trance the first bullet is shot about 40% faster.
Energy Blast
PVE Damage Increased by 11,7%.
Concussion changed: Attack Range increased by 5m.
Weak Point Detection changed: During Skill use, gain Push Immunity.
Ranged Hit changed: Increases the Skill’s Stagger Level to [High].
Ruthless changed: Increases the Damage dealt with each hit by 8.0/9.0/11.0/13.0/15.0% up to 40.0/45.0/55.0/65.0/75.0%.
Tenacity changed: Increases Damage dealt to Push Immune foes by 40.0/47.2/54.8/62.4/70.0%.
If Ferocious Strike is selected, the holding time of the skill is reduced by 50% without reducing the Damage dealt.
Merciless Pummel
Increases last attack’s Attack Range by 40%. if the Skill Tree Coldhearted is applied.
Bolting Crash
Attack type changed from Frontal Attack to Back Attack.

I dont see any nerf here.
They kept the self buffs and added 7% more Damage.

4 Likes

he probably meant nerfs to the proposed first changes.

hard to say, soul fists are now back to selfbuffing and trying to hit as much stuff as possible in that small window. if you can’t you still do negative dmg.

i rather would have liked if they cha.ge the cd of hype to be short for energy overflow or make energy ovefflow no cd when use hype lvl 2.

the range incr. of merciless pummel should be baseline. sometime if i am not in the mobs face it pushes them away and the last hits just misses. not an issue with bosses though.

in our version the cds are just still to higb but they wont adjust it for us anyways

Completely agree. I also feel a 20% overall damage buff would have been extremely fair considering are dps still tests far lower then the rest of the DPS classes. on ktr servers

I honestly think we need more of a rework on a lot of things. It would be cool if we could build casting/holding speed to reduce our energy blast time.

I was also excited for the shield and synergy. But our current kit in the meta just isn’t fun.

Energy blast cast is very short in the new patch. People have been using it in their builds in kr.

Mind sharing a link to those dps tests please?

Ya, was wondering if they have made a new ptr after that with OP coming just now!.

• Increasing attack range a little on merciless pumple and only click will change direcation would be HUGE ql of life change. (getting dobbel penalty atm sucks ass, loosing the big dmg from pummel just because you move mouse to get ready to dash out from incoming mech after you "screwed a little up)

• removing extra chast time from lighting palm (last tripod), ql of life to make it easer for us to counter

• Making Energy release not interruptable would also MAKE huge difference.

My 2 cents to “fix” robust spirit somewhat.

soulfist doesn’t lack damage, the problem is her kit forces her to use self-buffs before landing damage skills, which makes her really inflexible in late game content.

That wasn’t a buff, just compensation for the missing self buffs.

I like the original changes, aside from the baseline damage increase being too low which represented a nerf at endgame gear.
Back to self buffing and waiting for relic gear i guess.

Are we that good with relics? :thinking:

Where is that from? Training room with bis engravings and relic gear?

If it’s training room then the long cast time classes will definitely lose stonks on actual fights. I know my artillerist misses a bunch of his nukes due to random boss movement

I wish this table could reflect on actual raids and not standing targets… cause you will miss the ult and then your parse number would put you way down that table.

1 Like

I feel like the guide for soulfist on maxroll.gg which most people I think end up using is actually pretty bad… and I was really disappointed with my soulfist when I was following the build on there… Then I switched to a build I found on Youtube, and my soulfist’s dps is so much better and more enjoyable now…

thats not true, people will acept you if you have a good build, no one really cares about your class

There are elitists and meta chasers in every mmo.
This is the type of people that are crying right now cause their sorc got 2% nerfed.
And they will be the most vocal morons saying other classes are bad and won’t invite you yada yada.

Good thing that in fact, the majority of players that make raid pugs knows that if you have your engravings and gems set up, your class won’t really matter.

At the moment all the martial artist classes are struggling because they dont have the proper gear, this is not only a soulfist problem.

I just ran into this. Makes sense.

From what I understand this graph is trash as it’s data pulled from Trixion which does not accurately reflect real world performance

1 Like

Exactly. The build on maxroll is really really bad. Not saying every build there is bad!

But this is an overall problem in NA/EU where builds will just be copy/pasted without doing further investigations if this build is even good.

1 Like

random bars on the internet - yep, makes sense