I realized that lost ark is probably a unique game here in Europe and NA which i have not really played before and enjoy. However, I realized that it takes too much of my time and I keep missing it honestly because of the constant progression and lovely combat.
I really cannot decide if I want to come back to lost ark or go back to black desert, I am utterly confused by what I want to do. I know I enjoy BDO but I know I enjoy lost ark more, my only issue with lost ark are the things I will list below.
Lost ark pros
- Lovely Combat
- Stunning scenery/dungeons/legion raids.
- Music top notch in everything.
- BIG NUMBERS!!!
- Different outfits.
- The enhancing system.
Lost ark Cons
- The community [gatekeeping, toxicity, overall elitism].
- P2W, it is arguably even worse than black desert, but of course P2W is whatever in my opinion. Just mentioning it since it’s a con. [BDO you can only list max certain number of items in central market in accordance to your family fame, thus limiting your spending Vs Lost ark, 1k a day with no limits in regards to RMTing].
- Time consuming. [2 hours just to finish dailies if you wish to do caliligos on all alts. If you do kunge time is dropped to maybe 1.5-1.75 hours].
- Support shortage [having to wait 2+ hours for supports in certain brel gates, or certain times of the game].
- AGS/Smilegate many upsets, every week there has been an oopsie.
- Classes releasing too slow, won’t see slayer for another what 10 months?
- New systems to welcome new players still not released when they are needed?
- Everyone in my friends group quitting.
- Legion raids taking anywhere from 30 minutes each up to 5 hours depending on unfortunate circumstances.
- Before anyone says anything about the side-content, I believe it is fine and actually found it relatively relaxing.
- Has lost a huge player base number over only a span of 11 months.
- Combat system
- Life skilling / more than one path to take, can take a break from grinding and make income another way.
- Content not restricted to dailies/weeklies.
- Actually receive free character slot coupons, unlike this game.
- Has been around since 2014 December, and has kept a stable player base.
- Way more classes to choose from + trial characters available to check chars vs lost ark.
- NO PHEONS
- NO RMT [Piloting does exist]
- Daily rewards don’t spit on your face.
- Easier for new players to enter, many events to help new players and systems implemented.
- Dungeons exist, fun as well. Not as fun as lost ark but decent.
- P2W evidently
- Repetitive grind as well.
- Can cause you to have Finger stiffness.
- Updates obviously slower than lost ark, but that will change in lost ark as well. Once we catch up to Korea updates wont be there, and only every year give take.
- Open world PVP, some1 can kill you or feed you to mobs at any time. [happens not too often].
- EU more deadge than korea in terms of market, have to buy crons from vendor.
- Need three subscriptions. Old moon/kama/VP.
- Upgrades after a certain point become hours of grinding.
- Gear can break, but that’s at a much later stage which you do not have to participate in, can actually get your gear with silver.
Now to conclude,
I cannot decide what to get back into.
I am worried that lost ark won’t last another year.
That’s why I am skeptical of what to play.
I am also worried because lost ark has not addressed the issues with the time consuming dailies and dungeon issues such as supports.
Lost ark keeps releasing DPS classes. Why are there so many more DPS classes than support classes if there is such huge issue with supports.
And why are the new methods to help new players enter the game not out yet? Why are there no new systems to help people make alts easier so there are more supports in the game?
Our economy is already suffering enough from the lower player base and higher gold inflation due to the bots pumping us with gold.
What game should I actually go for? What should I start playing again?
I just wish that I could recommend this game to friends. But I currently cannot do that.