Where is the hype marketing

read title

6 Likes

Yeah definitely a little weird. I fully expected some big news today on skins, events and date of the patch. I was proven wrong i guess. Most ppl, including myself, are expecting it to come this Thursday. I hope we’re not wrong because it’s way too time after the announcement has passed

4 Likes

Yes it make sense for it to release this Thursday that’s why it’s weird there is no “hype marketing” I was expecting something skin related and also release date confirmation

1 Like

Is there a different main site somewhere? Even for release updates they don’t bother with trailers or anything

1 Like

If it goes anything like the last one, we’ll get one 2 weeks after the update drops :joy:

1 Like

Ha, the internet explorer of marketing

1 Like

useless CM’s are useless XD

vibes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

after the roadmap fiasko i just accept that they are just not able to communicate properly.
people have been asking for better communication for weeks and after many complaints we got like a one time devblog or whatever it was, which was nice but thats about it.

personally i dont understand all this secrecy, is it supposed to generate hype? I mean, they are releasing content thats months or even years old already.

1 Like

2 Likes

Better than “friendzone” :sweat_smile:

what they call “excitement marketing” the dumbest idea i have heard in a while XD

1 Like

Obviously I blow at photoshopping things but I wanna design a cross Lost Ark and Internet Explorer symbol. Perfect, it is hip and happening and has the IE blue glow.

1 Like

Well, there’s this page:

But…it’s uh, not much tbh.

1 Like

Thank you, I dont know why that wasnt popping up as the first thing for me. You’re right though…It is a bit lacking.

I just can’t stop drawing parallels between this game and DFO from like 20 years ago. It is super apparent from class design but on quite a few other levels.

Now mind you DFO is an old game. But imagine a minute trailer for a class like soulfist where instead of clicking through skills they put some generic hype music, show off single targets, buffs, aoe and both awakenings. Idk I’m not a marketer but as a consumer…I find that much cooler

1 Like

‘Hype’ marketing is hinting at hyper express. Surely.

If smilegate dropped hyper expressu in NA I would quit :joy:

Because it’s not the websites landing page:

You literally have to click on “learn more.” in this text blurb that is on the front page to get to the page I linked. It’s not even like a full clickable image…It’s literally just those two little words.

But yeah, I would kind of expect them to at least have the video of the Lancer’s class preview from the in-game screen on the website…You know the montage where it shows them smacking enemies with their abilities? Similar to that DFO video.

No idea wtf Amazon is doing tbh.

2 Likes

Why would you market if your still working out major kinks?

Our community shows like 70% negativity rn too lol. Not very appealing or welcoming.

Hopefully that changes. Definitely a great game

Didnt you see that post with the video about the Ark pass?

Theres your hype marketing.